What bug is this?? HELP!!!!

Trailgem

Avid Member
Please don’t tell me this is a roach... my house is clean and I am freaking out. It’s very small.

I’m pretty careful with my Dubias and crickets... so I’m not sure how this could’ve gotten out, but I found a few in my house.

Attachments

• 93B9EF9E-91E0-4283-93ED-A9080D02F18D.jpeg
    93B9EF9E-91E0-4283-93ED-A9080D02F18D.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
It’s freaking me out... and all I see is tiny ones. The identification page doesn’t really help me much. I already googled the hell out of it. It almost looks like a black and white mini roach.

this Is what I got it’s a roach but with out better pics I can’t identify further
Periplaneta fuliginosa
View attachment 242760View attachment 242760View attachment 242761

I looked these up, apparently they are from dry areas which doesn't fit South carolina. They do look similar though.

I'm thinking smokey brown roaches, OP look them up and see if they look similar. They need water/moisture sources and often come in from outside if you have leaks or high humidity somewhere. Where were they hanging out? Luckily, if you dry these out, you'll likely get rid of them.

I looked these up, apparently they are from dry areas which doesn't fit South carolina. They do look similar though.

I'm thinking smokey brown roaches, OP look them up and see if they look similar. They need water/moisture sources and often come in from outside if you have leaks or high humidity somewhere. Where were they hanging out? Luckily, if you dry these out, you'll likely get rid of them.
This is the website I found the periplaeta fuliginosa aka Smokey brown roach

https://bugguide.net/node/view/43897/bgimage

Aren’t you proud of me James I can identify roaches now :smuggrin:

That’s exactly what it is. Omg it’s a freaking roach. Why don’t i have any adults? Wondering if my fern that i just bought brought them in. Throwing that sucker outside.

I found some in the kitchen and some by the patio door near my fern. None in the Cham room.

I’m about to really freak out

That’s exactly what it is. Omg it’s a freaking roach. Why don’t i have any adults? Wondering if my fern that i just bought brought them in. Throwing that sucker outside.

I found some in the kitchen and some by the patio door near my fern. None in the Cham room.

I’m about to really freak out
Where did you find it at?

Kitchen... couple of them, and one actually was on my sons leg. They other ones by the living room patio door.

Eww no I would freak. Hopefully that was all that’s in your house and you don’t have a problem on your hands

South east US, roaches are very common. They go in and out of houses, rich and poor. in florida they come out of the pipes even I know. People block off their shower drains.

I wouldn't worry too much. Just look for some high moisture areas, leaks, etc. Keep things dry and they'll leave.

South east US, roaches are very common. They go in and out of houses, rich and poor. in florida they come out of the pipes even I know. People block off their shower drains.

I wouldn't worry too much. Just look for some high moisture areas, leaks, etc. Keep things dry and they'll leave.
Ewww I just have wild animal problems to deal this in my area.

Back
Top Bottom