what bug can i breed to feed

i have 3 veiled chameleons and food cost is a killer pain tried breeding crickets my girl could not stand the sounds any advice?

YOU CAN BREED ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pt294_mad_scientist_mixing_formulas.gif

Except butter worms :(

Dubia roaches are good as stated above, silk and horn worms are good treats. mantises,really any insect,grass hoppers, flys, and moths, ect the list goes on and on. Look around the food section for more insect you can find tips on.

I don't know about wax worms I never use those but all of the above are good feeders and super worms are very easy to breed.

Dubia are extremely easy to breed, don't make noise and don't really smell at all unless you don't clean the tub out every 3+ months.

The problem most people have with starting a roach colony is not waiting for it to get established. They see fresh babies and go "Oh cool, I can feed those to so and so". Then they feed off all the babies and have no new ones coming into adults.

If you are patient and can handle not feeding off the colony for many months, roaches will be a cakewalk for you!

i have 3 veiled chameleons and food cost is a killer pain tried breeding crickets my girl could not stand the sounds any advice?

cockroaches, silkworms, snails, terrestrial isopods (aka woodbugs, rollie pollie, woodsow, pillbug), blue bottle flies, superworms, mealworms....

i wanted to breed wax worms but they are like junk food

correct, they are not a good choice of food for your chameleon.

Back
Top Bottom