What brand light Bulb

KnK

I need to no what bulb to get. I no what Walt to get just don’t no what brand exactly to get for basking area.

Ok I need a 60 walts but Amazon can’t get me one till Saturday 🤦🏽‍♀️ Will I be okay with this 60walt LED one for now?

Also, I got some discoid roaches how on earth do I keep them in the dish?

Ok I need a 60 walts but Amazon can’t get me one till Saturday 🤦🏽‍♀️ Will I be okay with this 60walt LED one for now?

LED if it is a regular household bulb will not put out the temps needed. Check your temps at basking to see what it is producing. Granted your T5HO UVB fixture will help a bit with temp.

How old is your chameleon? I ask because we need to be more cautious with temp for babies. Do you have a picture of the baby and the enclosure?

How old is your chameleon? I ask because we need to be more cautious with temp for babies. Do you have a picture of the baby and the enclosure?
I’m not to sure age wise, but I been following with Neptune the Chameleon and she estimated about 9 months. I did have 75walts and the temps were fine but it was rainy here in Jacksonville,fl. Then next you no spring down hit and the temps are up. So now I need to go down a 60walts but I had messed up and got a LED. At the time I wasn’t aware about the output of heat it puts out.

Attachments

• EAAC84E0-45A1-4268-8F7D-8A19F4C07A3B.jpeg
    EAAC84E0-45A1-4268-8F7D-8A19F4C07A3B.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 49
  • DECD11C5-1D5F-4580-9ED1-5D84521E10D2.jpeg
    DECD11C5-1D5F-4580-9ED1-5D84521E10D2.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 38
Part of your issue with plants is you really need a plant light. Check out the jungle dawn LED plant light. It works wonders.

As far as temps we recommend an 80-85 max basking area temp and 70-74 ambient cage for daytime. Night time you want a temp drop below 70. They need a cool down. If you can get it down to 65 at least then that is preferred.

Part of your issue with plants is you really need a plant light. Check out the jungle dawn LED plant light. It works wonders.

As far as temps we recommend an 80-85 max basking area temp and 70-74 ambient cage for daytime. Night time you want a temp drop below 70. They need a cool down. If you can get it down to 65 at least then that is preferreI

I actually have one on the way. So far the plants are holding up. I just transferred him to his new cage last Saturday. I trying to Google plants for chameleons it almost feels overwhelming.

Yeah our temps running a bit high so 60 walts it is. Then I have another issue with the humidity. Soon as I spray it down. Not to long after it drops to about 64 68 but the time lights on at 8am the humidity reaches to the 70s. So I’m assuming I need to get the humidifier going. But like I said it drops then it goes up by morning.

I actually have one on the way. So far the plants are holding up. I just transferred him to his new cage last Saturday. I trying to Google plants for chameleons it almost feels overwhelming.

Yeah our temps running a bit high so 60 walts it is. Then I have another issue with the humidity. Soon as I spray it down. Not to long after it drops to about 64 68 but the time lights on at 8am the humidity reaches to the 70s. So I’m assuming I need to get the humidifier going. But like I said it drops then it goes up by morning.
So plants for chameleons and plants that are suitable for Veileds are two different things because veileds eat their plants. Choose plants that are veiled tested from this image.

So for humidity you do not want high humidity. You want a range of 30-50% max daytime levels. You can have higher night time humidity but with that you have to have low temps below 68. Lower is better. You do not want to fog in the day with lights on at all. THis can lead to a respiratory infection.

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 11.41.38 AM copy.png

Reactions: KnK
So plants for chameleons and plants that are suitable for Veileds are two different things because veileds eat their plants. Choose plants that are veiled tested from this image.

So for humidity you do not want high humidity. You want a range of 30-50% max daytime levels. You can have higher night time humidity but with that you have to have low temps below 68. Lower is better. You do not want to fog in the day with lights on at all. THis can lead to a respiratory infection.

View attachment 336576
Thank you!!! So if my humidity is up during the day what can I do to bring it down?

Back
Top Bottom