What behaviour can I expect from a pregnant veiled?

DJ PYGO

Pretty sure mine's about to lay soon.

Is it normal for them to stop eating??

Hang their rear end off the vines to the side??

Stop eating yes, the other i dont know about, you will see her start to wonder around teh setup lookinf for a place to dig, you need to put in a place for her to do so if you dont allready, otherwise you could run into problems or have her dig up one of your plants and such....

4 weeks after mating, this is what you will expect from a veiled:
1) Stop eating for a couple of days
2) Quite dark in color
3) Wander at the bottom of the cage
4) Fiesty
5) Start digging your plants out

BUMP!.... She is still not eating for me since I posted this last....

She's eaten ONE cockroach and that's it! I forcefed her waxies last week and forcefed some electrolyte boost stuff just now, she's really showing signs of weight loss.

In total, she has not eaten properly now for 5 weeks...:(

She's had a visit to the vet and she's been given a clean bill of health but she just won't eat! :( How long will this gravidness carry on for??

BUMP!.... She is still not eating for me since I posted this last....

She's eaten ONE cockroach and that's it! I forcefed her waxies last week and forcefed some electrolyte boost stuff just now, she's really showing signs of weight loss.

In total, she has not eaten properly now for 5 weeks...:(

She's had a visit to the vet and she's been given a clean bill of health but she just won't eat! :( How long will this gravidness carry on for??

did you give her a proper place to lay?

But what have you put in for her to lay her eggs in? That is more important than how large her cage is at the moment. Is her egglaying site deep enough?

Back
Top Bottom