What are the symptoms of a lethargic chameleon

Well I would say laying around and not moving much. Is there a problem with your chameleon? Could you be more specific?

Well i've been told that he's just going into shed and i believe thats part of the problem as well. but yeah he just likes to lay on his perch for most of the day except about 1-2hrs before bed time he seems more active and he likes to walk around his cage and what not. He's been like this for about 4 days.

How would you know if your chameleon is lethargic?

the word itself is a discriptive word. this is dangerous in lizzards. it would mean he/she isnt moveing of reasponceive (like if you moved around and started screaming they would care. if you poked them theyd just lay there).

Lethargic: of, pertaining to, or affected with lethargy; drowsy; sluggish.

If he is shedding your chameleon should not be lethargic. Shedding is uncomfortable but they should be moving a lot, trying to rub the skin off on branches or stretching themselves out.

It might be useful to fill out the Help Form so we can try to figure out what's going on. Is the basking temp warm enough? Have you looked in his mouth for signs of excessive mucus/saliva/bubbles? Perhaps he is brewing an infection of some sort. Photos would help as well, if possible.

What type of chameleon is it? My veiled will typically spend most of his time under the basking light while inside, and that's normal for veileds. If you're concerned about his overall health, and/or husbandry, you should fill out "the form" in the health section of the forums.

Thanks for all of the responses guys! i cant get pics up because my camera inst working at the moment :/ but ill get you posted!

Back
Top Bottom