What are the pros and cons of window screen cages?

aguallo123

I was given some large window screens to make an outdoor cage for my chameleon but I was wondering if there were any precautions or anything wrong with this idea. I will change the top screen to a larger wire screen top so more light gets to my Chameleon and I will still cup feed him also.

Any advice to this idea?

Attachments

• IMG_1296.jpg
    IMG_1296.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 121
I have never thought about this before but it seems like it would be kinda unstable. At least the screens on my house do haha. I guess once they are all strapped together it would be strong. Don't really see a downside otherwise.

Do house screens tear easy compared to the material in a reptibreeze?

It depends if it's aluminium, nylon or glas fiber... Aluminium will be ok, the other two will become a problem, crickets even chew straight trough em.

I will use a cup to feed him but do you think there is any problem for my chameleon in this kind of set up?

I have never thought about this before but it seems like it would be kinda unstable. At least the screens on my house do haha. I guess once they are all strapped together it would be strong. Don't really see a downside otherwise.

Do house screens tear easy compared to the material in a reptibreeze?
I am going to drill holes into it to place screws kind of like the reptibreeze set up. I plan on making the bottom piece out wood so it can have a good foundation.

I will use a cup to feed him but do you think there is any problem for my chameleon in this kind of set up?

I am going to drill holes into it to place screws kind of like the reptibreeze set up. I plan on making the bottom piece out wood so it can have a good foundation.

That's the one thing I wish reptibreeze had. The base is flimsy. I could upgrade it and will eventually but you would think they would give you a better one .

Back
Top Bottom