what are some ways to water roaches?

little leaf

Avid Member
I know there are the water crystals , but what other ways can you water them with out making the bin to wet? I dont know how many roaches are in my bin I try not to look at them :p ) ,but if i put in a cup of water gel, its gone in the am - I cant keep up :eek: :p or I heard you can go to like lowels or home dep/ and get a big bag of water crystals, but are those safe?

I know there are the water crystals , but what other ways can you water them with out making the bin to wet? I dont know how many roaches are in my bin I try not to look at them :p ) ,but if i put in a cup of water gel, its gone in the am - I cant keep up :eek: :p or I heard you can go to like lowels or home dep/ and get a big bag of water crystals, but are those safe?

yes the merical grow water savers are safe with no added ferilizer.

http://www.scotts.com/smg/goprod/miracle-gro-water-storing-crystals/prod10610001/

Also you could try apples or potatoes. I just throw in all my extra salad mix and apple cores. Its like my own compost bin. Here little guys have some avocado skins...

thanks guys :) I just dont want to drowned them, but they sure drink and eat a ton !! maybe I need to thin the bins ? I think there are over ( I am sure- lol) 1000 in the "maternity" bin :eek:

Yes someone please let me know if this is incorrect because I was told it was ok to use carrots.

like I said, I could be wrong ~ but I had a friend who only pretty much fed potatoes and carrots to her roaches, and they always died on her, then she was told not to feed the carrots - and so far, she has not lost any roaches in mass #'s - can someone confirm this for us :eek:
Thanks guys :)

CHEATER !! :p :p :p you do not like the mess of all the other stuff ??? ;) maybe that is the way to go- LOL can crix eat this too ?

You bet, I used to blend up all those fresh fruits and veggies until I realized that the bug burger already has everything in it!!
I still throw in a leaf of kale and maybe a slice of orange when I get a fresh (hungry) supply from Ghanns' :D

But, no more nasty blended cricket slop for me :eek:

Back
Top Bottom