What am I missing?

jermaine1998

What else will I need for a male Veiled Chameleon?
So far I've thought of :

Zoo Med Mini Compact Fluorescent 5.0 Bulb

175 gallon basic Reptarium

8 1/2" Aluminum Lamp Fixtures x2

Zoo Med 60 watt day bulb

Zoo Med Repti Calcium With D3

Large Ficus Tree

Branches and Twigs

Misting Bottle

Is there anything else I need or should get ? thnx for your time

Calcium WITHOUT D3
Multivitamin
Don't get a heat light, use a regular household incandescent bulb.
Instead of the Reptisun bulb I would look at the Arcadia 6% bulb in a T5-HO format. Much better UVB light.
You will also want a plant light for your live plants.

Did you read the care sheets that I posted the link for? This has lots of information in it especially the supplements that you need for a chameleon.

okay i heard of using a household bulb before which wattage?

Thanks alot for the info. I never really had a reptile that needed uv lighting, just snakes , geckos and invertebrates. I'm going to read the care sheet tonight.

Welcome:D

What else will I need for a male Veiled Chameleon?
So far I've thought of :

Zoo Med Mini Compact Fluorescent 5.0 Bulb

175 gallon basic Reptarium
You may want to get something to help contain the water. I believe they make plastic liners for the Reptarium.

8 1/2" Aluminum Lamp Fixtures x2

Zoo Med 60 watt day bulb
I would try just a plain white household bulb. They cost a lot less and you can start out with a 45 watt and move up if need be to get temps correct.

Zoo Med Repti Calcium With D3
You also need a calcium without D3 and a multi-vitamin. Calcium without D3 used at every feeding and calcium with D3 and vitamin are used 2X a month.
Large Ficus Tree
Be sure and re-pot your ficus in organic soil and wash the leaves well to remove any pesticides that may have been sprayed on it.
Branches and twigs
Make sure you get vines with leaves. It gives the cham a place to hide.
Misting Bottle
A dripper is nice to have so your cham has a source of drinking water between mistings.

Is there anything else I need or should get ? thnx for your time

It is great that you are doing your research before you bring home your chameleon. Read threw the resource tab. There are great care sheets and other info on feeders etc. Hope this helps...

The wattage will very depending on your environment. The temperature is what you really need to monitor. Look at the care sheet and it will have a temperature section. You don't want to be any hotter then the highest temperature for the basking area. Also at night you want about a 10 degree drop in temperature so absolutely NO lights at night, no matter what any store tells you. Don't get those red lights or anything. Chams need darkness in order to sleep

You are asking good questions so keep it up.

Back
Top Bottom