What am i doing wrong?!

Yes the patches on the 2 that have shed are now gone. Its almost like its taken them a month or 2 to shed and since I've changed the UVB light, they started shedding. Its so strange.

7 of the remaining 10 have shed and 3 of them have almost doubled in size. Ive been able to up their food intake and they have their appetites back. Its crazy to think how changing coil bulbs to a linear bulb has led to such a huge turn around. Ill update once or twice a week and let everyone know about their progress.

7 of the remaining 10 have shed and 3 of them have almost doubled in size. Ive been able to up their food intake and they have their appetites back. Its crazy to think how changing coil bulbs to a linear bulb has led to such a huge turn around. Ill update once or twice a week and let everyone know about their progress.

That is awesome news!!! Glad to know that the mystery is coming to close. Can't wait to see an updated pic of the little boogers!

Pics coming soon. Yeah it seems odd to me too but thats the only change I've made. I have them on backup just in case something happened to our other bulbs but they were fairly new. I think i bought them back in Aug/Sept so they are still short of the 6 month mark.

There's a lot of differing opinions on the use of coiled UVB bulbs. I had a pet store owner get annoyed with me because I read about many different problems associated with them on forums, including this one. He got angry (regardless of the fact that I'd probably kept and raised more reptiles than he had ever sold) Yet here is another problem, solved by switching to a linear bulb. I've never used coiled bulbs, and after this story, I will never take the chance. There is another post on the forums about someone putting large amounts of crickets in the cage to free roam, only because they've never seen them bite a reptile. Yet there are hundreds of stories about it happening, so why take the chance?

Pics coming soon. Yeah it seems odd to me too but thats the only change I've made. I have them on backup just in case something happened to our other bulbs but they were fairly new. I think i bought them back in Aug/Sept so they are still short of the 6 month mark.

I've found that whenever I can get my chameleons out in real sunlight it tends to stimulate a shed. I don't get many days that are cool enough to get them outside, but I've really noticed the relationship of natural sunlight triggering a shed. Mine are kept under Arcadia 12% bulbs and I have a light meter to check the UVB output regularly, so my bulbs are not worn out, that's for sure. Besides the Arcadia 12%, the enclosures have two very bright 6500K bulbs and a plant grow bulb over them, so there are four fluorescent bulbs over every cage that has three white walls. That's a lot of light, but there is something in sunlight that is different.

I've been following this thread because I have a clutch of quads babies that I just wasn't happy with. They even had that whitish head yours had so reading about how many you lost really got my attention! I added a small basking light and upped their temperatures a tiny bit and they suddenly perked right up and started growing and eating a lot more. And they shed, losing that white head. It might be a coincidence--that it was their time to start growing a lot, but perhaps not and the extra heat was the trigger. Quads are montane chameleons, and I am always more worried about keeping them cool enough. They never have a basking light. You mentioned that your temps were a bit low. You might try adding a bit more heat. Just be careful you don't cook them which is my biggest fear.

The other thing that I thought about was just the amount of visible light you are providing. They can get all the UVB they need, but if it isn't bright enough in the cage, they will shut down and basically sleep their days away. They won't eat if they don't have enough visible light. Try adding more bright light.

Keep us posted.

Just a quick update...

I have 9 of the 18 babies left and they have all shed at least once (some twice) and they are eating bigger/more bugs than before but are SLOWLY growing. 3 of the 9 are double in size compared to the rest of them. At 4 months old they still look like half their age but they are alive and doing better than before.

Just a quick update...

I have 9 of the 18 babies left and they have all shed at least once (some twice) and they are eating bigger/more bugs than before but are SLOWLY growing. 3 of the 9 are double in size compared to the rest of them. At 4 months old they still look like half their age but they are alive and doing better than before.

Can we pretty please see pictures of the little guys? We all love baby pics and update pics :)

Baby Pictures!!

Lets get everyone up to speed...

Clutch Laid on April 25, 2015 (20 Eggs)
Closet Incubated and hatched at about 5 1/2 months
Hatched on Oct 18, 2015(18 Hatched, 1 went bad a week or so into incubating, and 1 did not hatch for whatever reason)
As of today, 9 of the 18 are alive but VERY small for 4 months. Babies are eating, drinking, pooping, and have all shed at least once.
For detailed problems with this clutch, please read the rest of the thread.

**We have another clutch of 24 eggs that is currently at 7 months with the same exact incubation method and still looking great.

ENJOY!!

Attachments

• 20160218_102608-1.jpg
    20160218_102608-1.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 20160219_104956-1.jpg
    20160219_104956-1.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 20160220_165140-1.jpg
    20160220_165140-1.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 195
  • 20160220_165925-1.jpg