What age to start seperating your babies?

azgnoinc

When does everyone generally start separating your babies? I have a few that have already shed once, while others from the same clutch are still hatching out and the size difference is very noticeable from smallest to largest, and there is 43 days (and counting) age difference between oldest & youngest??

You will find the most of them grow toether.. its the little ones we worry about.. About 5-7 wks into the hatch youll notice the small guys need there own food. Just keep an eye out . You will feel some seem a bit smaller. seperate those ones your worried about.Worring is all part of the process. Looks like your doing good!

I can't tell if you are asking if new hatchlings need to be separated because of size difference (I do this at first until they are all eating crickets and then combine again) or at what age (like 3-4 months) they have to be separated into individual cages.

I always keep the smaller babies in a bin away from the larger babies just so they are sure to have access to a sufficient amount of food. Is seems to work for me, in my last clutch, deremensis, I lost no babies and some were noticeably smaller.

Back
Top Bottom