What’s your opinion....

Arpretty

Avid Member
I would assume most fellow chameleon lovers follow social media accounts that feature chameleons. Or maybe you know someone who posts pictures of their chameleon.

What’s your opinion on *politely* addressing an area of concern that you see in a social media post when your opinion is unsolicited?

I see some pretty shady and concerning stuff sometimes on social media accounts regarding chameleons and their care.
Side note: The vast majority are children’s accounts and sorry in advance for offending anyone, but I don’t not believe a chameleon is a child’s pet.
Anyway. It absolutely pains me to just scroll on through, when I see something clearly wrong. I don’t want to be an “inactive” participant in that chameleon’s degradation, and I also am conflicted about giving unsolicited advice.

Just out of curiosity, what’s your opinion? See something, say something —- or mind your beeswax??

I'll usually send a direct message to the account with a link to a chare sheet. All I can really do is provide them with the right info. It's up to them to read it and use it.

Also feel free to follow my chameleon Instagram account: @neptunethechameleon

I think most keepers want the best for their chameleons. I would imagine most people would welcome a polite pointer and would engage with you in a friendly exchange. That's how social interactions should work, right? Shared interest. You know something the other person would likely want to know. You share. You connect. Life is good.

You can word it in a way that isn't super harsh. Make it sound like you're helping :)

I guess that’s where I hold back, because I am trying to help and don’t want to offend people Lol. Just an insecurity thing I supppse.

I'll usually send a direct message to the account with a link to a chare sheet. All I can really do is provide them with the right info. It's up to them to read it and use it.

Also feel free to follow my chameleon Instagram account: @neptunethechameleon

Omg, I commented on your picture tonight, lol orrrrr.... Spyro did

Back
Top Bottom