What’s people’s opinion of snails for panther chameleons?

Hyperian

Hey guys!

Recently I posted in here about my 15 month old panther not eating , he went around 3 weeks without nothing apart from a cockroach last week . Anyways I decided to put some loctus in his enclosure & what do you know he had one :) his hunger strike is finally over

Anyways what’s people’s opinions on snails for chameleons ? I don’t mean snails from outside either. I just ordered some live feeder snails ( Helix aspersa maxima )

Are these ok?

Thank

I haven't personally fed snails before, but I'm pretty sure that species is safe to use as a feeder. Their shells have lots of calcium in them, too, which is an added bonus!

I haven't personally fed snails before, but I'm pretty sure that species is safe to use as a feeder. Their shells have lots of calcium in them, too, which is an added bonus!

Yeah I’ve never feed snails before , one time when he was out on a roam he tried to go for a snail he cane along ...don’t worry he didn’t get it and I then took him inside so I was looking up online if snails are safe? As he was very tempted to have that snail outside

I’ve ordered some today so when they arrive and I try my Cham with them I will update you on how he got on

Thankyou for your opinion really appreciate it
Xx

They make a good occasional feeder. You have to feed off the ones that are smaller than a dime or 8mm for the metric users. You don't want the shell to be too thick.
Great thanks! The ones that I ordered are 60g and size range between 20-30mm will these be the right size ?

The same rule applies to snails as any other feeder they should be narrower than the space between the chameleons eyes. So I'm guessing they are too big. I breed the full-size ones and then feed off the young while still small.

Back
Top Bottom