Wet towel trick

cuso

Has any One heard of putting a wet towel on the top of a screen cage to bring humidity up in the cage? Was at a pet store and over heard some one speaking of it and wanted to see if it were true and how it would work.

The wet towel seems like it would work to an extent, but you'd have to make sure it didn't block the UVB light. Also, if you have a heat lamp going, you need to make sure you don't create a dangerous situation. What might work better is to attach a damp hand towel or washrag to one of the sides.

Cool mist humidifiers require some cleaning so, in addition to the expense of the machine (not excessive, $20-30) you'll have that, plus it needs to be plugged in and if energy conservation is a thing for you, that's something to consider.

I got a $50 dollar humidifier for $25 shipped bc it was refurbished and I have it on a timer so he doesn't get too much and I leave it off at night. Weekly cleaning is a snap just rinse with vinegar and water mix and let it sit for twenty minutes rinse and ready to go.

True, but some areas have actual "brown outs" on energy in which we are under instruction to turn things off. The cool mist thing is an energy use that really only happens during "prime time" when the order goes out to turn stuff off.

It's not a concern for all locations, but it is a concern for some.

True, but some areas have actual "brown outs" on energy in which we are under instruction to turn things off. The cool mist thing is an energy use that really only happens during "prime time" when the order goes out to turn stuff off.

It's not a concern for all locations, but it is a concern for some.

brown outs = killer of alot of things

to solve that, have a battery backup unit / uninterrupted power supply

I would suggest cleaning it more than weekly. Becareful and think about the bacteria build up.

Back
Top Bottom