west coast chameleon brothers

I went and checked it out because my daughter loves reptiles now. She loves to go and check them out. It was also the pet expo so there were furry animals too so my wife wasn't too stressed out. I also like to check out the fish stuff since I have a large fish tank but all their stuff was focused on fresh water. I didn't know so many people from here went. We should have a socal meet. The next repticon at the fairgrounds will be in November. At least it was last year. Haha.

I thought this addition might be relevant to anyone doing research into potential chameleon breeders: The West Coast Chameleon Bros stand at the 2019 Sacramento Reptile Show appeared to be selling quite a few animals to low information keepers in enclosures smaller than would normally be considered acceptable for Jackson's chameleons. They had several chameleons per enclosure and were advertising Jackson's chameleons as "great first pets" with "easy care" that are "docile and friendly" and can be "housed together." I consider these points to be objectively bad information.

Additionally, two of the five male Jacksons chameleons housed together were actively fighting each other when I walked by the stand. I did not talk to anyone at the stand, so if there were some extenuating circumstances I am unaware. Personally, I would not buy an animal from them, and I am pretty sure my non-reptile keeping friends who were in attendance with me left essentially thinking that reptile shows should be banned. It wasn't a good look for the hobby, and I'm not optimistic about the ultimate fate of most of those Jacksons.

Back
Top Bottom