Werner's chameleon info needed

Alex Somers

Hello good folks,
I am not new to chameleons but I am an infant here . I'm looking for specific information about triceros werneri. It has proven difficult to find what I would consider reliable and sound care advice on the web and my library research has been fruitless. We have a male who has been thriving since last December that we estimate is 2-3 years old and we've recently aquired two females that we can only guess are approximately 1 year old. They have come from a less than ideal situation but they are all doing quite well at this point. I've defaulted to montane care sheets and troll for tips wherever possible but I would really appreciate the help of someone who has had success in breeding or keeping werner's as I would like to provide ideal conditions as well as ensure the next generation of this awesome species. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

I am not sure about breeding but I am pretty sure you keep them like a montanes species. Though I am not quite sure about the Temps I think they are lower. I am pretty sure they need lots of humidity and long periods of misting to get them drinking. Though I know for sure there are some more knowledgeable people on here with Werners that will hopefully at least get you started.

I am not sure about breeding but I am pretty sure you keep them like a montanes species. Though I am not quite sure about the Temps I think they are lower. I am pretty sure they need lots of humidity and long periods of misting to get them drinking. Though I know for sure there are some more knowledgeable people on here with Werners that will hopefully at least get you started.
Thanks Andee. we've got the basics covered. Beyond that we have read them pretty well thus far according to what appears to be healthy weight gain, excellent regular movements and healthy, complete sheds.The girls. Boston was suffering with some stuck shed that has been rectified and Samara was terribly undernourished but she's gaining weight beautifully. We are definitely on the right path but we really want to provide perfection. Thanks so much for kick starting the conversation!

I treated mine just like a Jacksons, and he done just fine. In fact the pet store sold him to me as a Jackson LOL. I never bred them so can't be of much help there.

I treated mine just like a Jacksons, and he done just fine. In fact the pet store sold him to me as a Jackson LOL. I never bred them so can't be of much help there.
Thanks! We cringed for at least six months before we were set up and could afford to purchase the girls. They were housed together and being sold as a mating pair. We are now in the process of separating them gradually. Both showed obvious stress signs when we first tried to house them apart and they would queue one another to feed so we've had our hands tied. A large enclosure and separately free ranging has helped. Within the last week they've shown individuality and will eat on their own.

Back
Top Bottom