Well.. i need help.

shall do. and i also read, so i shall, put a window a screen over the bin and place lights on top of that. i am expecting her to lay a bunch of humpty dumpties in the next day or so :D ...but how many should i expect?

My feeling is a couple of days without the lights won't hurt her. However, I've never done this, so maybe someone who has will chime in.

She looks pretty plump to me though I've only seen pictures. It could be a very startling number or it might not. I've seen reports of over 80 eggs in a clutch so be prepared for anything.

i think i will end up selling the eggs on ebay and use all the money to build Carl (now Carla) a mighty kingdom of greens superwomrs and magical palaces...

about 1 and a half to 1 and 3/4 feet high. about 3 feet long and a foot or two wide.

Not sure if filling it up to 10 inches and putting a scree over top is going to freak her out or not. You can always empty out a plastic trash can, clean it and fill it up ten inches or so. She wont need a screen then but if she has a good 8 or so inches of clearance it might not freak her out to have a screen in the other. Just hard to tell. Provide her with a light source but not real close to her. You dont want her to over heat. Just provide some light. Make sure not to let her see you while doing her thing. Its very important.

Elizadots, it was a joke lmao. and Cain, i know but thank you. i will be sticking the probe thermometer in there. and i might do the screen. it will not be needed because even with 10 inches i do not believe she will be able to get out. the only reason i would put the screen there is if i find absolutely no other place to put the heat lamp, but i don't think that will be a problem. that's the thing i like about chameleons - they're an animal of improvisation.

I figured it was a joke, but I've learned it's best not to assume. There's an old saying about "assume" and I don't like to risk making it come true.

that is very true.. and this is kinda sick, but do you think a chameleon egg omelete would be actually be good? lmfao. you got me wondering

i ended up taking it to the vet. i have anxiety and started to worry. it also helped because i do not know too much about female chameleons, but the appointment was definitely beneficial. the doc also check for a hemi penis, and although my chameleon looked like it was being raped it was deemed female. c-rays were done and there is no sign of post ovulatory eggs. i'm guessing my chameleon is just fat.. i believe she weighed in at either 135 or 155. i will be getting a gram scale by April 5th. for a female veiled of 11 inches does anybody know the appropriate weight?

Glad everything turned out well and I would swear your cham was carrying eggs by her fat belly! lol! What are you feeding that thing anyways!! :D:confused:

gutloaded crickets and superworms and collard greens. she eats like the queen of Fat Camp. but do you know the target weight for an 11 inch female veiled? i'm worried her weight might affect her health if she is in fact overweight

I sure don't but maybe someone with a female Veild can help you with that. how old is she? Do you feed her every day? I know the more they eat, the more they are likely to produce eggs. I guess it is amazing that yours has not then!

agreed. i did not learn that until today actually. only my 3rd day really thinking she is a girl (so first 3 days of female research) and this is my first day that i know for sure. i will be cutting back to every other day. previously, however, i was feeding here every day, but on every other day i would feed her 1 or 2 crickets or superworms, then major feeding every other day. sometimes i do 2 days with very light feeding and every 3rd day i'd do absolute feeding. when i get the gram scale and get my bearings i will record her weight, looks, mood, and try to bring her weight down. i don't think she will last long if she produces eggs too much. don't want to take the risk of my baby becoming egg bound!

Back
Top Bottom