Welcome Home, Paisley!

mae_day

Established Member
I picked up my new cham baby, Paisley von Argyle, this morning from the Fedex hub!

He's a male YBBB panther ~4-4.5 months old. I have been told he's an ambilobe/mangoka hybrid.
Here's pictures of him moments after I put him in his new home.

He's so tiny!!

And here's pictures of him before he was sent overnight to me, courtesy of his breeder:

I have him a good misting and he drank a little and cleaned his eyes. I am now trying not to fret about him too much. He's got a strong grip, he looks good, and he's climbing around (however cautiously). I am forcing myself to leave him alone and not hover around his cage. :confused:

After he has a chance to warm up, I'll offer him some crickets and see if he wants to eat.

Last edited:
Handsome little guy! I offered mine crickets and water right after I put him in just in case . especially since he hadn't eaten for 24 hours or so. I have a feeder cup though so that helps me keep them in one place. I understand if you free range it might be tougher .

I picked up my new cham baby, Paisley von Argyle, this morning from the Fedex hub!

Here's pictures of him moments after I put him in his new home.

He's so tiny!!

And here's pictures of him before he was sent overnight to me, courtesy of his breeder:

I have him a good misting and he drank a little and cleaned his eyes. I am now trying not to fret about him too much. He's got a strong grip, he looks good, and he's climbing around (however cautiously). I am forcing myself to leave him alone and not hover around his cage. :confused:

After he has a chance to warm up, I'll offer him some crickets and see if he wants to eat.
The basking light looks a little far away from any branch, have you measured the temp for his basking sight? Great job on the rest of the enclosure, lots of branches, vines, and plant cover! Maybe just put more in the top part of the viv?

Handsome little guy! I offered mine crickets and water right after I put him in just in case . especially since he hadn't eaten for 24 hours or so. I have a feeder cup though so that helps me keep them in one place. I understand if you free range it might be tougher .

Good call. I have a feeder cup! Duh, I totally spaced on that in all the excitement!

The basking light looks a little far away from any branch, have you measured the temp for his basking sight? Great job on the rest of the enclosure, lots of branches, vines, and plant cover! Maybe just put more in the top part of the viv?

I agree that the light is far back-- The basking spot is 75°F. There breeder told me to keep him this temperature for a day or two and then slowly increase the temp. I plan on doing this by sliding the light closer, then adding higher branches.

Obviously, he'll need higher temps as he gets older! I have prepared for this eventuality and have different wattage bulbs on hand.

I agree that the light is far back-- The basking spot is 75°F. There breeder told me to keep him this temperature for a day or two and then slowly increase the temp. I plan on doing this by sliding the light closer, then adding higher branches.

Obviously, he'll need higher temps as he gets older! I have prepared for this eventuality and have different wattage bulbs on hand.

Some people just give him the temp off the bat. I just gave mine branches at different heigthts so he can choose.

The eternal struggle of a chameleon keeper.... I couldn't find Paisley in his enclosure this morning. :eek: Too much foliage! I'm sure he's in there but now I'm worrying that he's cold and/or dehydrated and can't make his way up to the basking spot. I am being paranoid, I know.

I am pretty sure he ate his crickets yesterday (plus a random superworm)and I know he drank water and explored his cage so he can't be *that* bad off.

I am resisting the urge to go totally nuts and tear the cage apart to find him. :cautious: Even though I want to. Poor guy is stressed enough-- he doesn't need me getting up in his new territory stressing him out further.

I just get all creeper on them and search everywhere. I can't help it. I don't open it and suft through it probably just as creepy with my big head and eyes moving around iutsude the cage. Haha

Back
Top Bottom