welcome home Max, but Fed X - YOU STINK !!!

little leaf

Avid Member
OMG ! you must be kidding me ! it said my pkg ( Max, the panther ) was delivered at 10:36 am - left on door step - no one home :eek: :mad: I was on the phone to FedX by 10:40! I stated sitting on my porch OUTSIDE at 8 AM encase he was early - it was already over 90 by 9:30 - I was taking no chances - when I called FedX - they said the driver had dropped the pkg off- maybe I should go look at my door - that set me OFF ! like I was the one who did something wrong - they said they would call the driver and see what she had to say- I told them to also ask her what my house looked like IF she had been here- come to find out- she left him 5 miles from here on SOMEONE else's door step ( who thank God was home) and chased her down their driveway and gave him back - so he never really sat long on a step- but when she got here-at 11:45 and told me "opps- I was on Bradner Road" - and is smiling telling me this! ( how on earth do you get BRADNER RD and FOSTORIA rd confused? :mad: they dont even sound alike! ) anyway- he is here, just fine - settled in like he was never even gone :) he looks wonderful, he got GREAT care while he was away - he went right to his milk cap and started drinking ( he likes to drink from those better than drippers or misters :p - both my Panthers do - lol * a quick note about the cap- the dripper drips into there, fills the cap,and cascades threw the plants, the drippers are turned off at night, and the caps flipped so they can dry overnight - dont want any grems in there- lol ) someone is suppose to be calling me about what happened with the shipping issue- I already know the lady is getting "interviewed " about this - what made the maddest is she put I was not home - and even the wrong addy WAS home- had they not been - I really fear how this could have ended - I was already going to the neighbors when I was on the phone w/ fedX - but I would have never looked 5 MILES from here for him- they already refunded the shipping- so I guess as long as he is ok, I will just be sure they teach the drivers HOW TO READ ! and let it go at that :mad:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 289
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 258
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 289
Max is gorgeous! I'm glad he's safe with you now.

Fedex really needs to sort out what they're doing! :mad:

Also I love the little bottlecap he's drinking out of. What a cute idea :)

i bet you are glad this whole ordeal is over..thats a horrible story,but at least he is safe and sound now..what a handsome boy!!!

i bet you are glad this whole ordeal is over..thats a horrible story,but at least he is safe and sound now..what a handsome boy!!!

yes, you have NOOOOOOooooo idea - lol I have now been the shipper, and the ship E - I would much rather ship than receive - :eek: the main thing is he is safe, and fine :D he is a big ol'e handsome stud :p

I got nervous just reading that story!!

I would have been poping Xanax and washing them down with vodka!! :eek:

I love your little bottlecap :) Do you put a fake leaf in it?
How do you attach it to the vine?

I got nervous just reading that story!!

I would have been poping Xanax and washing them down with vodka!! :eek:

I love your little bottlecap :) Do you put a fake leaf in it?
How do you attach it to the vine?

yes, it has a fake leaf - just for looks- lol it has a tie hot glued on the bottom- and then you just snug it around the vine, and be sure it is under your dripper , but leave it just lose enough to spin it upside down so it can dry at night - then just spin it back up in the am :) I turn off the drippers at night- so its just part of the "bed time" thing- turn off the lights-flip the drip :p the Jax dont really like them - but I have seen them use them outside- I started using these because I was worried they would not get enough water outside- and I have seen Olive drink from the "armpit" of the plants- LOL - I have no idea what you call the part of the plant where the leaf hooks on, and it holds water- but that water could be dirty - so I put this by it - and they used it - but the panthers def/ prefer this way to get a drink :D

Last edited:
Awesome looking cham!! Wish I could afford to get one like that :) Also, the wife is not a reptile fan. LOL I already have a nice male. She is starting to get used to.

I live on Traian

They like to try to find the house on Train, then they run out of house numbers, and either say "opps next day" or find my house in the afternoon.

FedEx messed up w/ me too! I ordered my first cham about 4 months ago, and the day it was supposed to arrive, I sat in a chair next to me front door, 3 hours before it was supposed to arrive. I saw the delivery lady walk up, so I got ready to open the door after she knocked, and a few seconds later I saw her leaving my drive way! Both cars in it, so no mistaking there was someone home. I opened the door, and told her to knock, because good thing I was at the door or my lil guy would have died. :mad:

( In April here, it is still only around 50*)

OMG ! you must be kidding me ! it said my pkg ( Max, the panther ) was delivered at 10:36 am - left on door step - no one home :eek: :mad: I was on the phone to FedX by 10:40! I stated sitting on my porch OUTSIDE at 8 AM encase he was early - it was already over 90 by 9:30 - I was taking no chances - when I called FedX - they said the driver had dropped the pkg off- maybe I should go look at my door - that set me OFF ! like I was the one who did something wrong - they said they would call the driver and see what she had to say- I told them to also ask her what my house looked like IF she had been here- come to find out- she left him 5 miles from here on SOMEONE else's door step ( who thank God was home) and chased her down their driveway and gave him back - so he never really sat long on a step- but when she got here-at 11:45 and told me "opps- I was on Bradner Road" - and is smiling telling me this! ( how on earth do you get BRADNER RD and FOSTORIA rd confused? :mad: they dont even sound alike! ) anyway- he is here, just fine - settled in like he was never even gone :) he looks wonderful, he got GREAT care while he was away - he went right to his milk cap and started drinking ( he likes to drink from those better than drippers or misters :p - both my Panthers do - lol * a quick note about the cap- the dripper drips into there, fills the cap,and cascades threw the plants, the drippers are turned off at night, and the caps flipped so they can dry overnight - dont want any grems in there- lol ) someone is suppose to be calling me about what happened with the shipping issue- I already know the lady is getting "interviewed " about this - what made the maddest is she put I was not home - and even the wrong addy WAS home- had they not been - I really fear how this could have ended - I was already going to the neighbors when I was on the phone w/ fedX - but I would have never looked 5 MILES from here for him- they already refunded the shipping- so I guess as long as he is ok, I will just be sure they teach the drivers HOW TO READ ! and let it go at that :mad:

Wow Cheryl, sorry to hear about the drama! Thank god it all worked out because Max is sooo beautiful! Where is he staying, inside or outside?

I don't know what is wrong with that Fedex woman, your house isn't hard to find at all!

I love the milk cap idea... I think I will try it out on my panther Malcolm :)

Wow Cheryl, sorry to hear about the drama! Thank god it all worked out because Max is sooo beautiful! Where is he staying, inside or outside?

I don't know what is wrong with that Fedex woman, your house isn't hard to find at all!

I love the milk cap idea... I think I will try it out on my panther Malcolm :)

he will be playing here- https://www.chameleonforums.com/fedex-tracking-track-your-package-114038/
LOL and when its ok, he will stay out in there- everyone stays out unless it like this- TO HOT - or when fall comes, they will all cry -lol but I really think its best for them to get all the summer sun they can - but you saw my run of cages- lol and NOTHING gets by Bud the "watch dog" ;)
Sammy will drink from a cap too- but he like rain better :p Max is a nice looking guy - I wish you could have seen him - next time - lol =))

I'm glad it all worked out for you. There is a way to get rid of most of the drama in shipping but it won't work for everybody. Find out where to the closest FedEx distribution center is and if it's not to far just have the package kept there. I'm fortunate as I'm within 10 minutes of one. It's great they call you as soon as your package comes in and you take your local driver out of the equation. So when you track your package it will just say on hold for pick-up.

How horrible could this story have turned out....but thank God it didn't!....Max is a gorgeous boy and lucky that he came to your house to live....would like to see some more pics of him.

Good thing you got him...

To be fair though, drivers have to manage 100-150 stop a day with certain delivery time-frames and pickups. Routes are not automatically sorted, sometimes when a loader is feeling generous, he will put certain streets on certain shelves in the truck, but that's it. Mapping out a route that hits all 100+ stops in a timely manner is time-consuming and is full of human error. Sometimes drivers rely on code numbers that are marked on boxes that are shelved by loaders, when they hit the address they need to deliver, the box is wrongly marked by the station. The stations don't help, in fact they show an apologetic face to customers, while yelling at and overworking drivers. UPS gets some slack because they work in smaller areas. FedEx, OnTrac, and even DHL have huge areas to cover, sometimes 2 or 3 zip codes. I used to drive across 4 zip codes. Drivers are not allowed to question what is in the package. There are literally hundreds of boxes or envelopes. Most damage gets done by loaders, but drivers get yelled at because they drop a box over a fence or something silly. The reality is that loaders and machines punt and slam or crush boxes with 10X the force... I dont want to rant, but I am glad I am not working as a driver anymore. That was the most thankless and stressful job I ever had.

So glad he arrived there, when I tracked him and saw that he was on your door step and then was told you didn't have him I panicked... I am so glad he arrived safely, he did not want to go in the box yesterday and I felt awful when we put him in but luckily he did not have to go in for long since we dropped him off at 6 pm last night and he arrived to you by 11:00 this morning... glad to see he is well and happy that you said he ate already too!

So glad he arrived there, when I tracked him and saw that he was on your door step and then was told you didn't have him I panicked... I am so glad he arrived safely, he did not want to go in the box yesterday and I felt awful when we put him in but luckily he did not have to go in for long since we dropped him off at 6 pm last night and he arrived to you by 11:00 this morning... glad to see he is well and happy that you said he ate already too!

yep :D he is eating , drinking , laying on the couch - lol he is fine :D
and yes, that scared me too this AM- I was so mad!
I don't think Capone remembered him at first - I was holding ( well, letting Capone out to run a bit) and my daughter came out of her room w/ Max on her hand - WOW- Capone went all "big boy" at him at first - but settled pretty fast, Max- he is so mellow- LOL he could have cared less- but I told Emmy to take him out of the room, but he is just the sweetest guy, and I know it was hard to send him back , but I truly thank you for sending him back here , and not just listing him locally - THANK YOU :)

Yes it was very hard to send him there and I did not want to try to rehome him here when the only reason I sent him back to you was because he does not like being in a cage and our weather out here in Eastern NC is not great for housing chams outside, plus my work schedule changed and I have been working 12 hour shifts. I am so glad that he is with you now, please send me updates, photos and all the good stuff. The cage and supplies will be arriving in a few days once I ship them out, I am also including a small hanging out door collapsable cage that you could use for small chams if needed. All I can say is that if something would have happened to him today, I would never have forgave myself since I chose to ship him.

Yes it was very hard to send him there and I did not want to try to rehome him here when the only reason I sent him back to you was because he does not like being in a cage and our weather out here in Eastern NC is not great for housing chams outside, plus my work schedule changed and I have been working 12 hour shifts. I am so glad that he is with you now, please send me updates, photos and all the good stuff. The cage and supplies will be arriving in a few days once I ship them out, I am also including a small hanging out door collapsable cage that you could use for small chams if needed. All I can say is that if something would have happened to him today, I would never have forgave myself since I chose to ship him.

you bet I will keep you up dated on him :D I know how it is to work those kind of hours - they are hard - and when you have pets - even harder - he had his little angel looking over him today, and he will never be shipped any place again :) he is here to stay :D

sadly i have problems with them as well .. one time they give me a snake with the box turn sideways .. i yell at the driver befor he left

the 2 time lucky was not about a reptile .. the guy claim to have brought my pc to the door and knock .. i call them up cause i own 3 dogs, 2 are service dogs i would had know if he had knock! let say they never will make believe to knock aging the sad part was i had to wait till the next door to get the pc but i never seen that driver aging

Back
Top Bottom