Weird position on branch

Zenny

For the first time I saw him standing elongated on his branch with his mouth about 3/4 open. He was a dark color. His cage is inside the house on the kitchen table facing a window. Weather is overcast. Is he trying to bask? He's never done that before...that I've seen anyway. He was sitting still and looked over at me a few times. He stopped doing it after I opened his cage to feed him. It was early in the morning if that matters.

Thanks

Is the window even a little bit reflective? He could be reacting to what he sees as another cham. Also if he was alot darker than usual that's a sign of stress as well, or the cham trying to absorb more light, but in this case i think it's due to stress from him seeing his reflection in the window.

Is the window even a little bit reflective? He could be reacting to what he sees as another cham. Also if he was alot darker than usual that's a sign of stress as well, or the cham trying to absorb more light, but in this case i think it's due to stress from him seeing his reflection in the window.

There was a white curtain over it so I don't believe he could see his reflection.

Here's my previous post with the answers to the "how to ask for help"

https://www.chameleonforums.com/all-jacksons-dont-like-28795/index2.html#post264851

The only thing different is that I put him inside because it was raining.

Thanks for the answers so far. So it may have been stress? Hard to tell what is stressing him out. I did move him to my fiance's house that day so maybe he doesn't like the new environment?

Moving himself inside could have been stress enough. Change of surroundings.. etc.

So he's been back at his original location for the past week. He's been relatively happy (light green color most of the time, except when I mist....he hates being sprayed) but he is STILL standing around with his mouth open.

He doesn't appear stressed. It's like he wants to say something, lol. He isn't hungry either as he ate earlier and he's had plenty to drink.

Any other ideas as to why he likes to open his mouth?

Back
Top Bottom