weird poo and tail markings

JackAttack

hello all,

this just may be me being paranoid, but ive noticed a few weird things about Jude, my 8 month old panther lately. he is perfectly normal, acts normal, eats and drinks normal, and his poo's look normal, but this one was kind of grey in color..........and i should mention that his poos ALWAYS smell.........like wow. ive read on here many opinions on that topic, to stink or not to stink.......and i wondered what you all thought about the look of this one, matched with the smell. he usually goes to the bathroom once a day, but lately its once every couple days, doesnt strain, just goes like normal.

the other thing i noticed was a marking underneath his tail......in the pic it is amplified by his recent shed, but it is there regardless of whether or not he is shedding. it doesnt seem to bother him, but i didnt notice it before........any thoughts????
thanks guys :)

Attachments

• 100_0690.jpg
    100_0690.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 100_0692.jpg
    100_0692.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 100_0474.jpg
    100_0474.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 115
Have you had his fecals checked for cooties?

I like how you try to brighten the fecal photo with the flower as the backdrop....:p

hahahah you caught that did you........and no i havent had a fecal done on him yet.........to be honest im afraid of the result.........we had jack tested (before we bought Jude) and he ended up having coccidia, and we ended up giving him horrible drugs, that seemed to make him worse, not better :(............and Jude isnt acting sick, so i'd hate to fix what isnt broken........

Have you had his fecals checked for cooties?

I like how you try to brighten the fecal photo with the flower as the backdrop....:p

Good input....
I wish I knew more, but I'd suggest a visit to the vet. Easiest way to get results instead of waiting for it to go away. It looks like an infection of some sort to me

ok, here we are , a live update since im getting so many quick responses............this is jude's tail right now, after more shed has fallen off..............am i seeing something that isnt there? do they normally have markings like this? this is my first panther, so i dont really know.............

Attachments

• 100_0703.jpg
    100_0703.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 100_0704.jpg
    100_0704.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 170
Based on what info you have given people are going to say it is prolly parasites. I cant say one or the other. My input on the first photo is maybe it was results of a bad shed, the skin stuck and looks weird, kind of blochy. I had something like that on my Nosy Be she shed recently and it all came off so wait till next shed and if it doesnt come off it might be something else. But yeah always safe then sorry go in for a check up to your vet.

hahahah you caught that did you........and no i havent had a fecal done on him yet.........to be honest im afraid of the result.........we had jack tested (before we bought Jude) and he ended up having coccidia, and we ended up giving him horrible drugs, that seemed to make him worse, not better :(............and Jude isnt acting sick, so i'd hate to fix what isnt broken........

You are then sticking your head in the sand. Chameleons never ACT sick because it will get them eaten by their predators. Anything larger then them is a predator. IGNORING it won't help him either. I suggest the fecal because you mentioned smelly fecal matter. It shouldn't be obviously smelly. Smelly fecal matter to me suggests coccidia.

So the next set of questions: Has Jude been in contact with anything that Jack has touched?

Or have you touched Jack while he was sick, then handled Jude without washing your hands or wearing a set of gloves?

You are then sticking your head in the sand. Chameleons never ACT sick because it will get them eaten by their predators. Anything larger then them is a predator. IGNORING it won't help him either. I suggest the fecal because you mentioned smelly fecal matter. It shouldn't be obviously smelly. Smelly fecal matter to me suggests coccidia.

So the next set of questions: Has Jude been in contact with anything that Jack has touched?

Or have you touched Jack while he was sick, then handled Jude without washing your hands or wearing a set of gloves?

im not trying to be ignorant.......when i took jack to the vet, she told me that coccida is something that some chams can go their whole life living with, and have it not affect them. she said that it probably affected Jack because he had other things going on..........is this accurate information?

Jack got sick before we bought Jude............we bought them about 2 weeks apart. we used all new things for Jude, and tried to be as cautious as possible when handling (washing hands and what not) but i supposed there is always a margin of error..........do you think that Jude could have passed it on to Jack? or vice versa?

Based on what info you have given people are going to say it is prolly parasites. I cant say one or the other. My input on the first photo is maybe it was results of a bad shed, the skin stuck and looks weird, kind of blochy. I had something like that on my Nosy Be she shed recently and it all came off so wait till next shed and if it doesnt come off it might be something else. But yeah always safe then sorry go in for a check up to your vet.

thanks googlezNvincent........are you saying that the tail markings can suggest parasites? or the poo.............

the poo. The tail markings look like normal, with the shed it looked like a bad shed. Ill check my panthers to see if they are the same. His tail doesnt look funky though. Best thing to do when you notice a change in behavior is have a check up, you can never be too safe. I spend 250 bux last month to have piece of mind that 2 of my chams didnt have parasites and one female didnt have any eggs left over inside her. I think it was worth it, like i said you can never be too safe.

i will be having a fecal done the next time he poos..........his shed was actually really great!!!! very large chunks of skin, didnt last very long at all :) his behaviour is great, this is the thing........although the point has been made before that they dont show when they are sick, until it is too late. i'll keep everyone posted....... and thanks googlez for checking your panthers :)

Update fecal

so i took Jude's fecal in today, and great news ! no parasites :) guess im just blessed to have a cham with stinky poo.................lucky me :p

Back
Top Bottom