Weird Plant Eating Habbit

renzo0684

Avid Member
Hey guys!!! Sorry I havent been as talkitive as usual just had a LONG Christmas break. Anyway Jasper has been eating the dragon plant in his cage. The problem is that the leaves are long and hard to break off because it is kind of like a palm type plant where the leaves are attached to the trunk. I noticed this morning that he was walking backwards taking a leaf out of his mouth because he swallowed the whole thing but couldnt break it off. Will this hurt him? I dont want to take the plant out because that is his favorite hangout place... What should I do?

like in his feeding dish just throw some greens in there??

I hang mine from the ceiling or side and he eats them every now and then. Or I hold them and he chomps them sometimes. If he likes them I would make a flat ara for them to sit on or hang them.

If it was my choice, I would be taking that plant out of there to make sure it didn't cause any problems. There are other plants you can provide that your chameleon could climb around in. If its the plant I think it is, then its toxic anyways.

Outta there

Man, I would get that plant out of there to avoid any change that a long fiberous leaf would get eaten and impact in the gut. Why have a risk like that in the cage? How about a nice Ficus or Hibiscus in stead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom