Weird bumps under skin right on legs

raicx

So ive noticed these really weird hard bumps/lumps appear on the upper leg of my chameleon, on the so called waist. Does anyone know what these may be? they are hard and off looking.
IMG_2228.jpg

Can you tell me what supplements your using for her and in what rotation? Also what type of uvb lighting? How old is she has she laid her first clutch?
So shes about a year old i assume, i wasnt given her exact age when i first got her but definitley somewhere around a year. Also yes she has laid her first clutch about a few weeks ago. For supplementation i give her about 6-10 superworms a week dosed in repti calcium by zoo med. For the uvb light i use the basic light i got from the reptile kit, its a the reptile uvb100 PT2186 by exo terra.

So shes about a year old i assume, i wasnt given her exact age when i first got her but definitley somewhere around a year. Also yes she has laid her first clutch about a few weeks ago. For supplementation i give her about 6-10 superworms a week dosed in repti calcium by zoo med. For the uvb light i use the basic light i got from the reptile kit, its a the reptile uvb100 PT2186 by exo terra.
Which calcium are you using? Can you post a pic of the label for me please.
So are you using the double dome fixture with the screw in UVB and heat bulb?
I know it seems as though I am asking a lot of questions but I promise I am getting to feedback. I just want to make sure I have the basics before I give an answer.

How many eggs did she lay?

Superworms are a better treat than staple food. I bet Beman will post a feeder chart because shes great like that!
Roaches,crickets,bsfl are all better options! Roaches would be my suggestion as a colony is super easy to maintain! On the plus side they dont smell or jump!

Which calcium are you using? Can you post a pic of the label for me please.
So are you using the double dome fixture with the screw in UVB and heat bulb?
I know it seems as though I am asking a lot of questions but I promise I am getting to feedback. I just want to make sure I have the basics before I give an answer.

How many eggs did she lay?
So i posted the pictures of the calcium and uvb. Also for the eggs, i didnt count how many she laid but it was a good amount, id assume probably more then 10

The calcium used at every feeding should not contain vitamin D3. It's too much and it could be that the bumps are a calcium build up. I'm not a vet so I can't say for sure...you need a vet to make that determination for sure.

Supplements should be phos free calcium at all feedings but two a month. On those two feedings use a vitamin powder that contains D3 and prEformed vitamin A (retinol). Do all dustings lIghtly.

So i posted the pictures of the calcium and uvb. Also for the eggs, i didnt count how many she laid but it was a good amount, id assume probably more then 10
Ok so what your seeing is from incorrect supplementation and incorrect UVB lighting. The calcium with D3 is too much and will do the opposite and pull calcium from her bones. This also can create a toxicity in her body because D3 is fat soluble so it stores in the tissues. You want to only use a calcium with D3 supplement 2 times a month every other week at 1 feeding. Then they can also develop weird deposits under the skin on the bones as well.
Then you need a calcium without D3 this is the every feeding supplement. This is what allows her bones to be strong and her to get through egg laying without becoming egg bound.

You should have a multivitamin as well.

The UVB will not work for her. You need a linear fixture that is a T5HO fixture and a 5.0 or 6% bulb. This should run the width of the cage. This allows her also have strong bones as well as will to thrive. Without the correct UVB they develop MBD which is a debilitating disease.

Start reading every single module in this husbandry program. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Ok so what your seeing is from incorrect supplementation and incorrect UVB lighting. The calcium with D3 is too much and will do the opposite and pull calcium from her bones. This also can create a toxicity in her body because D3 is fat soluble so it stores in the tissues. You want to only use a calcium with D3 supplement 2 times a month every other week at 1 feeding. Then they can also develop weird deposits under the skin on the bones as well.
Then you need a calcium without D3 this is the every feeding supplement. This is what allows her bones to be strong and her to get through egg laying without becoming egg bound.

You should have a multivitamin as well.

The UVB will not work for her. You need a linear fixture that is a T5HO fixture and a 5.0 or 6% bulb. This should run the width of the cage. This allows her also have strong bones as well as will to thrive. Without the correct UVB they develop MBD which is a debilitating disease.

Start reading every single module in this husbandry program. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/
Thank you so much for informing me. Ill switch the calcium supplement and uvb light asap. What should I do though about the currently formed calcium deposits?

Thank you so much for informing me. Ill switch the calcium supplement and uvb light asap. What should I do though about the currently formed calcium deposits?
We have seen that with correct supplementation and UVB lighting these will start to not be so obvious. They seem to break down.

When you get your stuff let us know and we can check to make sure it is right. Start reading through the link I gave you it will give you a ton of valuable info.

Back
Top Bottom