Weird bump on side of belly

My boy seems to have a little bump on the side of his belly. Should i be concerned about this. He's really active during the day and eats and drinks normal.

Let me know!

Attachments

• 20211106_163917.jpg
    20211106_163917.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 20211106_163822.jpg
    20211106_163822.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 80
Thanks Beman! Just was a little worried.
Does it look like it is on the skin or coming from below the skin? If on the skin then that is a different issue and you want to watch it. But if it is as I suspect the rib below then I would not worry. It is always a good idea to watch and take note of things with your cham. This is how we are alerted to potential issues.

Does it look like it is on the skin or coming from below the skin? If on the skin then that is a different issue and you want to watch it. But if it is as I suspect the rib below then I would not worry. It is always a good idea to watch and take note of things with your cham. This is how we are alerted to potential issues.
Great tip. It most def is coming from under the skin and not on the skin. 👍

Can it be from eating to much food that the rib goes like this?

Can it be from eating to much food that the rib goes like this?
No... You can see ribs in all sorts of situation. Just the way they sit sometimes can make an area look odd but when they move it will flex back into position. It is common with chams that had issues with supplementation and or UVB lighting as babies as well. The ribs are very fragile so they can fracture and then calcify as they heal. Can create an area where the rib looks different from the others.

No... You can see ribs in all sorts of situation. Just the way they sit sometimes can make an area look odd but when they move it will flex back into position. It is common with chams that had issues with supplementation and or UVB lighting as babies as well. The ribs are very fragile so they can fracture and then calcify as they heal. Can create an area where the rib looks different from the others.
Idk.. it looks weird to me. He is also darker then normal.

Attachments

• 20211106_184944.jpg
    20211106_184944.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 20211106_184940.jpg
    20211106_184940.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 51
Yeah that doesn't look normal possibly MBD what lights do you have? What supplements are you using and how often
Got a 6% forest linear uvb from arcadia. Dust with calcium( without d3) everyday. Twice a month d3 and twice a month vitamins. I dont think it is the care that is wrong.. I actually put a lot of effort in the animal. Got a solar meter to check uvb and that is also near perfect.

Got a 6% forest linear uvb from arcadia. Dust with calcium( without d3) everyday. Twice a month d3 and twice a month vitamins. I dont think it is the care that is wrong.. I actually put a lot of effort in the animal. Got a solar meter to check uvb and that is also near perfect.
Yeah that's all correct good job, that's the only thing I think it could be but I'm curious to find out what it is

There’s also something lumpy on the upper part of his back leg. I can’t tell if it’s muscle showing from possibly being too thin or something abnormal. Definitely a vet visit is in order and I do hope you’ll let us know what the vet says.

There’s also something lumpy on the upper part of his back leg. I can’t tell if it’s muscle showing from possibly being too thin or something abnormal. Definitely a vet visit is in order and I do hope you’ll let us know what the vet says.
I don't know if he is too thin. Here is a good pic of my boy. At this angle it the lump on the side is less obvious aswell.

Attachments

• 20211108_080726.jpg
    20211108_080726.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom