Weighing

Yikes. 😬😬😬😬🤢
I've been feeding the little suckers everyday to grow them up.
I pick out the biggest ones that are starting to turn dark.
I hand feed them to her anout an hour after lights on. (8am)
The crickets she gets at 10am when I get back from barn chores. By noon she has started prowling her cage in hunt mode. Lol. Im not sure she likes the new diet much.
Ohhhh none of them like their diets... But I will tell you it is much easier to feed correctly and reduce amounts to have a healthy cham then to try to get one to drop grams and have them on a strict diet. Finding the line is hard...

Ohhhh none of them like their diets... But I will tell you it is much easier to feed correctly and reduce amounts to have a healthy cham then to try to get one to drop grams and have them on a strict diet. Finding the line is hard...
Im cool with her being on a diet.
My last trip for feeders (2 weeks ago)
Came to $46!
250 crickets
50 super worms
I container of bsfl (who knows how many. But there were alot)
4 silks
2 hornworms.

Now I do share some of my bulk crickets and supers with a friend.

I look forward to when she doesnt need to eat so much.
She is the single most expensive animal I have to feed. She cost nearly the same to feed as my 2 horses for 2 weeks. 2 of them!! 😅🤣

Im cool with her being on a diet.
My last trip for feeders (2 weeks ago)
Came to $46!
250 crickets
50 super worms
I container of bsfl (who knows how many. But there were alot)
4 silks
2 hornworms.

Now I do share some of my bulk crickets and supers with a friend.

I look forward to when she doesnt need to eat so much.
She is the single most expensive animal I have to feed. She cost nearly the same to feed as my 2 horses for 2 weeks. 2 of them!! 😅🤣
Yeah no one ever says how expensive it can be to buy feeders... Especially when your doing it right and getting many different kinds to give variety. I have found a few great places to buy from that gets the expense down. But even then I probably spend about $60 every 4-5 weeks on feeders. Granted about $20 of that is shipping costs.

Yeah no one ever says how expensive it can be to buy feeders... Especially when your doing it right and getting many different kinds to give variety. I have found a few great places to buy from that gets the expense down. But even then I probably spend about $60 every 4-5 weeks on feeders. Granted about $20 of that is shipping costs.
I found a store about and hour and a half away that sells bulk for much cheaper than I can get locally.
Since I head to the city every couple weeks. I've been buying there.
I cant get the silks in bulk though. I pay $0.70/each.
My sister actually entered a draw and won me a container of bsfl. So i get $14 off my total tomorrow when I go.
As long as no one tells the Husband how much I spend to feed my girl, I'll be good until she's on her big girl diet. Lol

I have seen @kinyonga say that having lower temps for females helps curb their appetite. I have not notice my girl being ravenous yet lol.
I dropped her basking temp to 82° when i joined the forum and it was explained to me.
I am waiting on a new dome to come in the mail so I can hang the light and get it down to the reccomended 80°f. Right now my current dome is lifted with a couple of rocks.

Back
Top Bottom