Weighing cham

Uri

Avid Member
So I have something to weigh my reptiles and I use it mostly to track my baby geckos progress in growth but I tried to do it for my cham and could not get a good reading at all he would grab onto the tray that comes with the scale and I’d get super off readings because of it idk how everyone else weighs their chams but I use a Ds 6000 scale I bought off Pangea reptiles

If your scale has the ability to put something on it like a small plant and then zero it out you could then put your Cham on that plant and on the scale and it would give you the weight of your Cham. You could use a coffee cup with a stick taped firmly in place that your Cham could sit on as well.

If your scale has the ability to put something on it like a small plant and then zero it out you could then put your Cham on that plant and on the scale and it would give you the weight of your Cham. You could use a coffee cup with a stick taped firmly in place that your Cham could sit on as well.
It does but I won’t be able to do that till later on in the week as I limit handling as today I had to stress him out with trying to readjust his heat bulb and he did not like me hovering over because I got a new wattage as his old style was no longer available I was just thinking of having a stick as the scale has a thing to place the animal in

E553E402-864A-41B4-84A8-2417DC2443B6.png

This is the scale I use it looks a lot bigger than what it actually is

So I have something to weigh my reptiles and I use it mostly to track my baby geckos progress in growth but I tried to do it for my cham and could not get a good reading at all he would grab onto the tray that comes with the scale and I’d get super off readings because of it idk how everyone else weighs their chams but I use a Ds 6000 scale I bought off Pangea reptiles
If he panics and runs off of anything you put there like a plant (some do..) you can use a medium critter keeper with a top; zero it out with the top on, then pop the cham in just for a moment to get the reading. Most animals don't panic as long as they can see out of the "box".

You can even put some silk plants in it before zeroing, then he will dive into the plants to hide long enough to get the reading.

That’s incredible I didn’t even know they made tho I was just gonna use a branch or a small plant and zero the scale to weigh but that looks more practical and attractive as a scale
I love mine. I bought the small size he makes. I suppose you can make your own pretty easily as well but I am lazy any like to buy stuff :hilarious:

I private messaged Dale on his business page Tamura Designs. I bought the small sized weight stand. It was not cheap though. But it is really well made and I love it. https://www.facebook.com/tamuradesigns13
Thanks I appreciate it! Since It is expensive and am trying to save money, I will probably end up making one. It will be a nice diy project. Since I am only 14 and don't have a job, it's easier just to make things sometimes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom