Wednesday's Vet Appt

SamW

Hey all,

Samir an I are making a trip to his first medical appoint, I've mentioned before that I believe he has a respiratory infection. i thought I would look here for a little advice/foresight for what's to expect Wednesday (i.e. pricing, procedure, etc.), as the receptionist wasn't able to say. I'm concerned about the overall duration of time and the expense. An examine is $65, which was relieving because I thought it would have been much more. X-rays, blood work, and more cost around $85+ each, so I'm sure my bill could become hefty.

My ultimate question is what procedures could I expect, so that I can estimate this cost. Also, I have to travel almost 2 hours for the appointment. I've traveled further with him before, but does anyone have any knowledge or tips regarding transport? It's relatively cold here so the windows will be up, heat on. I plan to put a couple objects in a 30gal and cover it with a towel.

As always, thank-you,

Sam

Hi Sam! I have a female veiled who had an RI back in August. She did well and has recovered from that problem! Our initial vet visit w/x-rays and some meds to treat at home (Baytril) cost about $175.00, however I live in Vancouver, Canada so I am not certain how vet costs compare with the U.S.

As for travelling with your Cham, if you have a small box with a lid, (I use a small pet commuter box) that would be best. Obviously it should have holes and you should put a towel in the bottom and provide a vine, piece of driftwood or something he can hang on to that will make him more comfortable! With the simulated darkness from the closed box he will be more relaxed as he would if he was going to sleep. If he can see things while you are moving the unknown will stress him out and cause anxiety.

I took my girl to the vet today and when I opened it to take her out she was relaxed and in her chameleon jammies!

Back
Top Bottom