Website Development Questions?

saradoggy10

Established Member
I'm currently working on and tweaking a website for my future chameleons and to hold everything I've been working on. (illustrations, setup list, bioactive setup tutorial, useful links, etc)
I just had a few questions
1. do you like my logo?
2. If I were to link something like chameleon forums or chameleon academy would that be allowed? Is that not proper or allowed? I've gathered quite a few random videos, forums, and media that have helped me and I would like to organize them in an easily read way.
1599762062725.png

Anything you take from another source you need to provide credit to the original source and ask for permission to use or link on your website.

What is this for? For you to sell future chams or are you trying to set up an informative site?

Anything you take from another source you need to provide credit to the original source and ask for permission to use or link on your website.

What is this for? For you to sell future chams or are you trying to set up an informative site?
Both. I wouldn't want to sell future chams without having a good easy to understand list as well. I will go through and ask all sources if I may link their work.
I understand there are other lists out there but I would also like one compiled for myself! I got confused along the way and hopefully there will be another person who has a similar mindset as mine that will benefit from it.
Also it's a great way to compile work.

Nearly everything on the site would be simply linked if it's from something else, though. Unless it is a photo like from the resources on chameleon forums. Do you know who I would ask about that?

Both. I wouldn't want to sell future chams without having a good easy to understand list as well. I will go through and ask all sources if I may link their work.
I understand there are other lists out there but I would also like one compiled for myself! I got confused along the way and hopefully there will be another person who has a similar mindset as mine that will benefit from it.
Also it's a great way to compile work.

Nearly everything on the site would be simply linked if it's from something else, though. Unless it is a photo like from the resources on chameleon forums. Do you know who I would ask about that?
You would not be able to just take a photo. The photo rights belong to the person that took it. So you have to ask them if you can use it and give image credit.
You would write Bill Strand about linking to anything he does and you would use the contact us button at the bottom of the forum page to contact the owner of this forum.

Personally I feel that putting out more info is not as helpful as linking to places who have already done it and done it correctly.
It is one thing for a breeder to come out with their recommendations for care based on what they have provided to their babies. Your then listing the basics they need and giving links of how to.

I feel like you are a bit premature in your website however. Have you even gotten the chameleons your wanting to eventually breed?

You would not be able to just take a photo. The photo rights belong to the person that took it. So you have to ask them if you can use it and give image credit.
You would write Bill Strand about linking to anything he does and you would use the contact us button at the bottom of the forum page to contact the owner of this forum.

Personally I feel that putting out more info is not as helpful as linking to places who have already done it and done it correctly.
It is one thing for a breeder to come out with their recommendations for care based on what they have provided to their babies. Your then listing the basics they need and giving links of how to.

I feel like you are a bit premature in your website however. Have you even gotten the chameleons your wanting to eventually breed?
As I had previously mentioned, it would mostly just be links. And in terms of media I mean more of food charts, not of people's chams.

As I had previously mentioned, it would mostly just be links. And in terms of media I mean more of food charts, not of people's chams.
I understand that but if it is a chart like these ones created for the forum... You need to ask permission to use on your own website and you can not crop the pics to cut off the sources. Basically when it comes to adding anything to your own website you can not take from another website without written permission of use and citing the source.

chameleon-food(1).jpg chameleon-gutload.jpg

I understand that but if it is a chart like these ones created for the forum... You need to ask permission to use on your own website and you can not crop the pics to cut off the sources. Basically when it comes to adding anything to your own website you can not take from another website without written permission of use and citing the source.

View attachment 276895 View attachment 276896
Yes of course. I will be contacting the proper people, i can promise that.

I only know because this is one aspect of what I do for my job. There are licensing aspects and copyrights that protect content and images. ;)
I guess I asked the right person! Haha thanks for all your help! I would hate to get in trouble for anything unintentional.
Can i simply mention the chameleon forums? And links to here are totally okay?

I guess I asked the right person! Haha thanks for all your help! I would hate to get in trouble for anything unintentional.
Can i simply mention the chameleon forums? And links to here are totally okay?
Typically that is ok. It is when you get into taking content, pics, etc that you can run into issues.
All in all it is always best in my opinion to email the site owner asking for permission to add a link to their website then when they respond saying yes you save that email. That is your proof of permission of use.

1. do you like my logo?
2. If I were to link something like chameleon forums or chameleon academy would that be allowed? Is that not proper or allowed?

IMO, it doesn't really matter if we like it. All that matters is that YOU like it! :)

Do you need permission to put links on your website?

Most often, a website will connect to another in the form of a link (also known as a “hypertext” link), a specially coded word or image that when clicked upon, will take a user to another Web page. ... You do not need permission for a regular word link to another website's home page.
https://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/website-permissions/linking/
You do not strictly need another web site's permission to link your site to theirs, but it's a good idea to get permission anyway. If you do link to another Web site without permission, be sure to link to its home page. ... In addition, you should never use a linked site's trademark on your site without permission.
https://www.allbusiness.com/do-you-...ission-to-link-your-site-to-theirs-653-1.html

AFAIK, it's more of a courtesy thing. If permission were required, very few links would be posted in this or any other forum.

See also: do you need permission to post links on your own site?

I finally compiled my setup shopping list, made a build video, and added some basic advice.
What do you think?
https://sarbearwares.wixsite.com/beaktappets/about'

The website is under construction and has nothing of interest other than build info. I am currently getting permission to also add some useful links and media from chameleon forums and academy.
Any suggestions?

Wow! looks like uve been workin hard, allot Good info. Are you going to breed cham’s and sell on your sight or what?

Back
Top Bottom