web hosting suggestions?

joefarah

Hi guys,

I want to set up a website for my reptile-related stuff (mostly field herping and my CB herps for sale). I was wondering if anyone is using a webhosting service that they really like? I don't know dreamweaver, html, c++ or anything, so it must be user-friendly :) I just want something professional, but simple to use and around $150-$300 per year.

GoDaddy? Yahoo Webhosting?

Thanks for any feedback!!

Joe

Well the prices you are mentioning are gonna be for a vps which does not provide you with web building tools. That is a virtual private server and are more stable than a shared server. For starters i would go with a shared server and you are looking for about 100 bucks for the year and that's with a domain name. I personally use startlogic which is a sister company of ipower. I used to work for ipower for a long while. They are pretty easy to use, and they have a website builder with a what you see is what you get interface. you can add simple tools like contact forms and other things, Paypal carts that are pretty easy to use.
The only other comapny i have used is 1 and 1 and i really did not like them. But for starts get a shared server.

Thanks Vegas Chad, I'll check them out this afternoon.

SuperRad, thanks for all the info. I'll go and check out the one suggested to and make sure I go with a "shared server" to start, which is something I wasn't aware of until you suggested it :D

Thanks again guys,

Joe

Back
Top Bottom