WE NEED SOME ADVISE ASAP!!!!!!

Dude. I am only trying to do the same. Sometime seeing a photo of the box is way more helpful as when you are trying to find the right thing it’s easier. Agree with you about the heat. That light is a box I had lying around.
Hi not to be rude but your distracting from me helping this member who’s chameleon needs help ASAP, thank you
I think that both of you guys are super helpful and I really appreciate this!!!

The most often recommended UVB light is the long linear reptisun 5.0 tube light. Looks like your chameleon has been getting no UVB light and more D3 than needed...but in one way th D3 was partly a good thing because you weren't providing the UVB...so part of the D3 would have been making up for the lack of the UVB.

Not sure if she's looking like she's reedy to lay eggs....but I always leave an egglaying bin in all female egglaying chameleon's cages so they always have a place to lay...and you don't have to worry about it. Bin: opaque, minimum 12" X 8" X 8" filled almost full,with washed playsand. Kings produces the best sand I've found for this.

Signs of MBD (if your chameleon is heading that way) include but aren't limited to....lack of trunkal lifting, bent/broken arms and legs, crooked casque, lower jaw extended past the upper or curved so the lips are open at the end, sitting low in the cage.

Is it mostly her back legs she's having trouble with?

Are the urates white or orange or tinged orange but mostly white etc?

The most often recommended UVB light is the long linear reptisun 5.0 tube light. Looks like your chameleon has been getting no UVB light and more D3 than needed...but in one way th D3 was partly a good thing because you weren't providing the UVB...so part of the D3 would have been making up for the lack of the UVB.

Not sure if she's looking like she's reedy to lay eggs....but I always leave an egglaying bin in all female egglaying chameleon's cages so they always have a place to lay...and you don't have to worry about it. Bin: opaque, minimum 12" X 8" X 8" filled almost full,with washed playsand. Kings produces the best sand I've found for this.

Signs of MBD (if your chameleon is heading that way) include but aren't limited to....lack of trunkal lifting, bent/broken arms and legs, crooked casque, lower jaw extended past the upper or curved so the lips are open at the end, sitting low in the cage.

Is it mostly her back legs she's having trouble with?

Are the urates white or orange or tinged orange but mostly white etc?
Well I have haven’t seen any poo, and urine if she’s peeing then it is a clear no color. Also are you talking about one of these bulbs

Attachments

• 1F464CE1-B413-4284-9E7B-204D13A9C715.png
    1F464CE1-B413-4284-9E7B-204D13A9C715.png
    140.3 KB · Views: 97
Well I have haven’t seen any poo, and urine if she’s peeing then it is a clear no color. Also are you talking about one of these bulbs
Here hun watch this video, she’s a member of the site and actually knows what she’s talking about. I know things can get lost in txt so hopefully this video will Clarify a few things better

Urine is called urates for chameleons and is usually white or white with some orange with it and usually the poop and pee are done together...urates at one end feces at the other end of what comes out.

Dude. I am only trying to do the same. Sometime seeing a photo of the box is way more helpful as when you are trying to find the right thing it’s easier. Agree with you about the heat. That light is a box I had lying around.
I’m not intending to be rude, but as I’ve been reading this thread I’m getting confused. I realize you are only trying to help but @JoXie411 is a very accomplished and knowledgeable keeper with experience in rehabbing chameleons. @jamest0o0 and @kinyonga are also very experienced (actually Kinyonga is who the rest of us turn to for advice). So please, follow this thread but let the ‘pros’ handle the advice.
@AshleyTar2001 you are getting advice from experienced members who I learn from and actually as I follow this thread, I’ll be learning more from them. Hoping for the very best for you and your sweet little girl. ?

I’m not intending to be rude, but as I’ve been reading this thread I’m getting confused. I realize you are only trying to help but @JoXie411 is a very accomplished and knowledgeable keeper with experience in rehabbing chameleons. @jamest0o0 and @kinyonga are also very experienced (actually Kinyonga is who the rest of us turn to for advice). So please, follow this thread but let the ‘pros’ handle the advice.
@AshleyTar2001 you are getting advice from experienced members who I learn from and actually as I follow this thread, I’ll be learning more from them. Hoping for the very best for you and your sweet little girl. ?
That’s what I was also trying to get at that I was also getting confused with there input witch was why I asked them to stop. Cant have to many Captain on a ship or the crew gets confused you know. I know I took time away from the forum and a lot of the new members don’t know who I am but I promise y’all I know what I’m doing. My Avatar might make me look 5 but I’m actually 10 ??? jk jk

Last edited:
Hey guys,
With a heavy heart I would like to thank you all for your advice but my sweet girl didn’t make. She passed today, but i wanted to thank you guys for everything.
I’m sorry about your little one, when you ready again we will be here to help you make sure everything is right this time to ensure this does not happen again ?

Back
Top Bottom