We be chaming

Boone

First off let me say hi, long time first time

This is going to be my first foray into this amazing world and I’m really stoked about it.

Ok here’s the skinny… I am just about to place my order for Hybrid Tall Enclosure from Dragon Strand and have possibly a silly question.

So lead times are what they are and with shipping not expecting it to arrive until probably mid Nov at the earliest (live in FL). I can be kinda A and somewhat OCD about things so I guess my question is how long after setting everything up should I look into actually bringing in a little dude?

Cheers everyone

Welcome, Boone :)

I don't recall where I first read it, but several times from several sources recommended having everything set up & running a month in advance to allow for replacements (💩 happens), tweaking & adjustments, "quarantining" (probably less an issue if this is your first & only reptile).

I set mine up a month early, and am very glad I did. Between light timers, misting system setup, balancing temps & humidities for day & night, getting plants sterilized & established, UVB burn-in period, rearranging branches & plants, returns & exchanges, etc., a month was just about right, though some may do it faster.

Welcome to a terribly addictive hobby! I agree, a month is the perfect amount of time to get everything set and in place. I'm in Naples, where are you? Good luck and feel free to ask any and all questions here!

Thanks just adding to my already ridiculous list of hobbies. I was thinking about a month too but better to be safe and get the opinions of some trusty folks on here. I’m down in mouse country.

Welcome, Boone :)

I don't recall where I first read it, but several times from several sources recommended having everything set up & running a month in advance to allow for replacements (💩 happens), tweaking & adjustments, "quarantining" (probably less an issue if this is your first & only reptile).

I set mine up a month early, and am very glad I did. Between light timers, misting system setup, balancing temps & humidities for day & night, getting plants sterilized & established, UVB burn-in period, rearranging branches & plants, returns & exchanges, etc., a month was just about right, though some may do it faster.
Agreed! You set timers, wait 12 hours and they are wrong, reset, check min and max temps and then have to rearrange where lights and branches are, and it takes forever to get it dialed in just right. But better than working around a moving target with the little cham having to endure the variances.

Back
Top Bottom