Waxy monkey tree frog?

Chameleon Loco

I purchased this from thinking it was a waxy monkey tree frog but now im not so sure can anyone identify it? I dont think it is a waxy monkey cause he has tiger pattenrs on the side.

Attachments

• DSCN1086.jpg
    DSCN1086.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 246
  • DSCN1088.jpg
    DSCN1088.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
New Pictures

He didnt look like any of the frogs in the videos But i put two crickets in last night and i cant seem to find them:)

Attachments

• DSCN1099.jpg
    DSCN1099.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCN1089.jpg
    DSCN1089.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCN1097.jpg
    DSCN1097.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 192
Your photos still are not clear enough to be 100%, but they do sort of look like waxy monkies. I have never care for them but they have always interested me. I know the adults like hot drier conditions but since yours are young, you should add live potted plants to the enclosure to increase humidity. Also keep that paper towel a little moist. From my previous frog experence, when it comes to feeding new frogs, sit and watch them eat. Dont just throw bugs in and hope they eat them. Crickets and other insects will bite and try to eat any lathargic, slow or sick animals.

Its definitely important that you find out if it is a waxy monkey tree frog or not since they have different habitat requirements (hotter and drier) than other frogs.

Can you post some clearer photos please?

More Pics

Note the organge legs

Attachments

• DSCN1108.jpg
    DSCN1108.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCN1107.jpg
    DSCN1107.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 265
  • DSCN1104.jpg
    DSCN1104.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 297
Dont mix the frogs! Figure out the ones you have first. There very neat little guys. Did someone sell them to you as Waxy Monkies?

Yeah somebody did

Is $30 a fair price to pay for one? And is it okay to only keep a single frog or is multiple frogs better?

Last edited:
$30 is about the going rate (at least at the shows here in PA), and yes keeping it alone is perfectly fine. The only big thing would be if you want to add another frog later you would have to find one in the same size range as the one you already have.

Got it ill buy a floresent today?

Its kind of of topic but can a leopard geckos night tempiture be around 75 that way i dont have to buy another fixture?

Back
Top Bottom