waxworms

dakotakleiner

Is it okay to feed a juvi. Veiled like 5-6 waxworms once a week? I also try to feed a horned worm a few days after and every day crickets

That is way to much they should be used as treats I would say once a week is pushing it but the hornworms are great treats and can be fed more often than waxworms. Stick to crickets as the main feeder or get some silkworms or dubia

5-6 is a little much. Waxies are little globs of fat and offer little nutritional value. I would feed no more than 2-3 a week for a juvi. Silkworms are a much better choice as they have much more nutritional value than supers, horns and waxies.

Variety is key so try and mix it up everyday with something different

Yeh, too many, lol! Waxies are like sweeties to chams - they can easily become addicted to them and refuse to eat anything else. Mine love them but only get one or two per week if that.

Does it matter how young the chameleon is? I know for a healthy adult 1 or 2 a couple of times a month is okay though, as you say, they should just be a rare treat. But, most baby animals have higher fat diets than adults.

edited to add: Oh, I see Graydon gave a good "juvi" answer while I was typing...

Ok well my cham is really small but going on like 7 months he's about 3 1/2 inches from snout to rectum.....what size silk worms should I order and are they easy to keep?

Back
Top Bottom