Waxworm. Pupae Care help!!! Treek loves the flyers!

Fireofmarajade

Hi! I just purchased my first batch of waxworms and went through the cup to find and separate the pupae.

I was wondering if they had special care. I currently have them in a separate. Up with a bit off moss to help have a bit of moisture. I spray it once or twice daily bc I live it Florida and the sun makes things HOT!

All of my Cham stuff including Treek are outside since I feel like the temps are great. He gets morning sun by moving his cage and some free range time on hibiscus when I have time to sorta watch over him.

BUT THE POINT OF MY THREAD is that I am wonder how LONG it takes for the wax worm pupae to hatch. If I have the correct care procedure for them to actually hatch. Should I be adding s stick for when they hatch? Is a large deli cup not ok? What They hatch into and whatnot. And I think it's safe to give him!? Please tell me otherwise if I'm wrong!

Thanks in advance and thanks a TON to the senior members and others that help so often and willing to help us all on our Cham love!

You will see moths in 1-3 weeks depending on the temperature you keep them at. Above 85f is optimal.

Carl

You will see moths in 1-3 weeks depending on the temperature you keep them at. Above 85f is optimal.

Carl

THANKS! I live in FL so above 85 is pretty much a given! They r in shaded part w all other Cham part. My little guys just get moved for soaking up the Rays!

Wondering if u think I should most the cup sometimes to keep moisture? Or do the pupae like it dry? Thanks again! I've been enjoying breeding the feeders lately. But found out he hate the discoids. Florida can't get du its. Illegal here. He is getting used to the butterworts as a treat. But still likes a waxworm a morning. I'm going to try to reintroduce some crickets this afternoon too sooooo we shall see!

Normal room humidity should be ok. When removing the moth's from the cup try doing it earlier in the day. The moths are more active in the evening and after dark.

The more variety the better!

Carl

Back
Top Bottom