Watery poop

Lucas21089

Hi I have a male panther chameleon. He has a xl reptibreze cage. Today I saw when he pooped it was very watery. I think it might Bc of over supplementing and him not being g used to it. It has a orangeish coat around it and was very watery when it dropped it created almost like a little puddle. He is fine right now and is his bright colors. His basking spot is at 95 and the lowest spot it’s at 85. When this happened I fed him wax worms. He was also at the vet 4 days ago for a. Check up and they said he was fine. Edit this is 5 minutes later and he has his mouth open on his branch. I don’t think this is ok

Attachments

• 68442E73-F431-4898-B6F0-454D4ED8D5C7.jpeg
    68442E73-F431-4898-B6F0-454D4ED8D5C7.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Fill out the help form and post it here. The link is in my signature below.

How often are you misting him? Has the vet ever done a fecal test for parasites?

Hi I have a male panther chameleon. He has a xl reptibreze cage. Today I saw when he pooped it was very watery. I think it might Bc of over supplementing and him not being g used to it. It has a orangeish coat around it and was very watery when it dropped it created almost like a little puddle. He is fine right now and is his bright colors. His basking spot is at 95 and the lowest spot it’s at 85. When this happened I fed him wax worms. He was also at the vet 4 days ago for a. Check up and they said he was fine. Edit this is 5 minutes later and he has his mouth open on his branch. I don’t think this is ok

Just a couple of comments....the posters asking you to fill out the questions are right....it will help us help you.

If your cham happens to be thirstier than usual and drinking more, (which can happen when the humidity level drops for some reason such as cold house temps and more furnace use), it can certainly create watery poop (or more accurately, dilute the urate portion of the poop). If they just ate feeders that are higher in moisture content (such as hornworms) that can have the same effect.

When a cham is actively basking and starting to get close to "operating temp" they often start regulating their body temp by gaping. It will probably move farther away from the heat source shortly after.

If the cham is NOT basking and starts gaping it could either be because it is a) too hot in general, b) is trying to threaten an intruder, or c) has a respiratory infection. Tips on how to tell the difference:

a) Too hot in general: the cham will probably also show a washed out pale overall color.
b) Trying to threaten something: the cham may show very dark bright coloration, puff up, rock back and forth, curl and uncurl its tail, may threaten to bite, look generally very upset.
c) Respiratory infection: not eating or drinking, sitting dark and unmoving, less reactive to anything, gulping, gasping, heavy breathing, resting with snout pointing straight up, eyes shut, blocked nostrils, and producing a lot of sticky saliva that builds up in the mouth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom