Watering enclosure plants

Sharon12

Established Member
Hi all. I have a great dragonstrand enclosure with mister, good plant lights. What I need is some way to water all my plants in the enclosure. Is there a type if waterer I can use without having to take them out. I can’t set up auto watering so I am really asking about some manual waterer that can allow me to get to the plants. Not sure if something exists. Thanks! I had to replace most everything this weekend so needs to grow in. Plus adding one directly in front.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 98
Are you sure that it is a water issue? were the plants you replaced really dry?

And just an FYI those exo terra jungle vines are dangerous for chams. They shed pieces of the coating and if the cham rubs its face on them they can lodge into the eye.

Hi all. I have a great dragonstrand enclosure with mister, good plant lights. What I need is some way to water all my plants in the enclosure. Is there a type if waterer I can use without having to take them out. I can’t set up auto watering so I am really asking about some manual waterer that can allow me to get to the plants. Not sure if something exists. Thanks! I had to replace most everything this weekend so needs to grow in. Plus adding one directly in front.
We use a little 150 ml watering thing (don't even know what it's called, and can't find a pic of it).
It's small enough to snake your hand in there and water the pots.

Ours isn't here, but something like this?
https://www.google.com/search?q=150...HXxMCD8Q_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1024&bih=625&dpr=1

I'm sure you know, but it helps to know the individual watering requirements of each plant. Some we water weekly—others bi-weekly or monthly.

I mean I don’t automate that I do it myself, it’s better when you do it yourself. I water my Cannas and Rubber plant once a week. I water my Croton every week and a half. I water my Palm twice a week. It’s not about how much but how often. When you water, soak the plant to the bone so water comes out the drainage holes. (Also make sure you have drainage holes) and when you water them yourself and look them over you catch mold or fungal problems and deficiencies et cetera much sooner.

Last edited:
We use a little 150 ml watering thing (don't even know what it's called, and can't find a pic of it).
It's small enough to snake your hand in there and water the pots.

Ours isn't here, but something like this?
https://www.google.com/search?q=150...HXxMCD8Q_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1024&bih=625&dpr=1

I'm sure you know, but it helps to know the individual watering requirements of each plant. Some we water weekly—others bi-weekly or monthly.
That’s a Lab Wash Bottle. :)

Back
Top Bottom