Waterfall for chameleon?

DrCham

I recently sold a baby chameleon to a lady who seemed to know what she was talking about. But later that day (after taking him home) she tells me she got him a waterfall. I tell her that I don't think that would be the best thing for him and give my suggestions and she said she knows that they are ok, she researched it and found it in multiple resources. Can I get some feedback so I can send it to her. I mean, it's possible I'm wrong but...don't think I am. And yes, I am new here. I literally made an account just so I could get opinions on this to send her lol.

Also, my friend has a blog about chameleons and she's looking for a couple contributing writers (just for fun, not pay). She's been breeding for 5 years and has some good info but she always appreciates other peoples input and thinks the readers will. The site is Kiwi Chameleon

Picture of one of the babies! Hard to tell from this angle, but I think this ones a boy, pretty sure I see the bump on his back foot.
attach(20).png

Attachments

• attach(20).png
    attach(20).png
    895.8 KB · Views: 283
Waterfalls are good for moisture but can introduce bacteria to the cage. I wouldn’t go with a waterfall but that’s just me.

Your thoughts are very much correct. Waterfalls are a hard no for chameleons. They are breeding factories for a huge variety of microbes which will rapidly multiply and make a chameleon sick. They are a factor in the death of many, many chameleons sadly. Even if they are cleaned religiously, they are not even remotely safe. Chameleons do not drink standing/running water in the wild and she should be using misting sessions and drippers for hydration.

I had told her beforehand exactly what to get, I also sent links to the items on amazon incase a store doesn't have it and links to Josh's Frogs. I really have no idea why she decided to get that instead of a cheap simple dripper and a spray bottle. That chameleon is going to go poop in that water and then be forced to drink it because he has no other water source. I even offered to buy a dripper on amazon and have it sent to her, so I really don't know what her problem is. I'm hoping by me sending her some responses to this that maybe it'll make her reconsider so thank you!

I had told her beforehand exactly what to get, I also sent links to the items on amazon incase a store doesn't have it and links to Josh's Frogs. I really have no idea why she decided to get that instead of a cheap simple dripper and a spray bottle. That chameleon is going to go poop in that water and then be forced to drink it because he has no other water source. I even offered to buy a dripper on amazon and have it sent to her, so I really don't know what her problem is. I'm hoping by me sending her some responses to this that maybe it'll make her reconsider so thank you!
It’s simple really...waterfalls are pretty. Wonder if she’s put a pretty substrate on the floor too. She needs to choose between aesthetics or a healthy chameleon.

Back
Top Bottom