water

johnandlyn

hi guys!!im thinking of getting a water fall system for my viv to provide water for my veil cham.iv been reading about mist systems and drip systems and i was thinking that a waterfall idea with water going on to some of the leaves would be good for him to drink?what do you guys think? i would appreciate any ideas or views you have ps im from the uk and havent got many reptile shops around :( thank you again

I bought a waterfall at first for my cham and he really did love it, but then i came here and saw peoples views on them and how they harbor bacteria. If you mist him enough he should be fine on drinking.

My waterfall didnt go onto the leaves or anything. I would think it would be fine if you cleaned it often to where bacteria didnt grow on it, but if he pooped on it or anything you'd have to clean it

ok then so would you suggest a drip system if so do you make them or do you buy them,if you make them how do you make them:rolleyes: thanks

Take a small bowl or cup and put a couple small holes in the bottom and put a slow drip into the cage. Make sure to drip over leaves so your cham can drink from the leaves.

i use the big dripper. But you can make one pretty easily with a cup and a needle hole in it. Or you could even pick up a dripping or misting system from a nursery. They have all sorts of drippers etc. for plants that work fine with chameleons.

I'm not sure if mistking or any of the people that make misters in the states ship to the uk

Some people i think put ice cubes on the top of the cage as well for them to melt and drip down

ok thank you for your advice thats brill il make a dripper tomoz it sounds easy enuf lol one last thing is it ok to keep him in a glass viv as he is only a baby if so how long do i keep him in there for and what do i buy once his older thanks:D

If you punch a hole (preferably drill) in the side of a plastic container the same size as aquarium air line, insert airline (enough to curl it around the bottom). Then place a restrictor on the end you have a easily made drip system.

I'll try to post a pict later.

Hope that helps

OPI

As promised pictures posted of adjustable drip system....

Hope this helps

OPI

Attachments

• DSC_0138.jpg
    DSC_0138.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC_0139.jpg
    DSC_0139.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC_0140.jpg
    DSC_0140.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 141