Water spray thru mesh lid.

lthrbecks

Established Member
I've got new T5 lighting for my cam and tree frogs. I've noticed that when I mist the vivs there's a fine misting of water spray that goes thru the mesh roofs. It's not a lot, but I hope it's not dangerous, as the strip lights are right above and could be getting a bit of the fine mist.

Is it OK do you think?

Many thanks for any help you can give me on the above matter. Cheers

I've got new T5 lighting for my cam and tree frogs. I've noticed that when I mist the vivs there's a fine misting of water spray that goes thru the mesh roofs. It's not a lot, but I hope it's not dangerous, as the strip lights are right above and could be getting a bit of the fine mist.

Is it OK do you think?

Many thanks for any help you can give me on the above matter. Cheers
I sometimes accidently spray my bulbs and usually it's ok but once I acc. sprayed my heat lamp and the bulb blew

The places I'd be concerned about (perhaps needlessly) are the ends where the pins go into the fixture. I had thought about this, and planned on putting a piece of heat-resistant tape around the gaps—just in case. But again, it may not be necessary; I tend to err on the side of caution.

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure I'll be grand at the spray, if any, is minimal and not aimed at the connections.

Back
Top Bottom