Water source?

Darkmaster743

I currently mist my chameleons cage 2 - 3 times a day. I have to work at times so I can be a little late with the misting and I know panthers prefer the 3x times a day. I've looked at the Exo-Terra monsoon R400 but I've heard so many bad things about the timer breaking, and the dripper plant they offer just being horrible. I've also heard of mistking but i've been told they are made for large chameleon breeders and that its for 7 - 100 terrariums rather than 1 - 3. What do you guys use, and have I been misled?

I use the monsoon since I can't afford the mistaking. I like my monsoon, it does a decent job of misting when I can't be there to do it.

I use the monsoon since I can't afford the mistaking. I like my monsoon, it does a decent job of misting when I can't be there to do it.
Have you never had that timer problem? I always start reading about a product with the bad reviews first and I saw a lot of complaints about the monsoon timer breaking pretty fast.

That's not true at all. I have the Mistking starter kit and use it for 1 cage alone. I believe they give you the option of going with their advance kits if you have several cages. It's definitely the best thing I could have done for myself and my chameleon. I have a 10 gallon bucket setup and don't have to refill for several weeks. There is another automated mister that just came out called Cli-mist that is slightly cheaper than the Mistking, but I haven't really heard too much about it to tell you about the quality. The majority of the members on here use Mistking and I've had mine for almost a year without any issues.

Have you never had that timer problem? I always start reading about a product with the bad reviews first and I saw a lot of complaints about the monsoon timer breaking pretty fast.
I haven't had any issues with the timer, It gets turned off when I'm home, especially at night. On the weekends I don't use it either.

That's not true at all. I have the Mistking starter kit and use it for 1 cage alone. I believe they give you the option of going with their advance kits if you have several cages. It's definitely the best thing I could have done for myself and my chameleon. I have a 10 gallon bucket setup and don't have to refill for several weeks. There is another automated mister that just came out called Cli-mist that is slightly cheaper than the Mistking, but I haven't really heard too much about it to tell you about the quality. The majority of the members on here use Mistking and I've had mine for almost a year without any issues.
Can you link me to a good product, I was on the website one time and got lost with all of their products haha, but thanks for clearing up the misconception.

Get the mistking and you won't have any issues. The monsoon is junk and will in time fail. They are not reliable misting systems. The very large consensus on this forum is that they are not worth buying, period. Do the research and you will see mistking is a far better system than the monsoon. People have also made their own and that's another way to go. While the mistking basic system can be used for multiple enclosures, it is ideal for a single enclosure. You get what you pay for. From time to time people sell them on this forum. I saw one sell for $50 plus shipping at one point. Granted it was used.

Back
Top Bottom