Water pouring out of enclosure

Mas0n

I currently have a screen enclosure for my panther chameleon. I'm having a issue with water collecting on the bottom. I have a fogger in there, but i also mist the enclosure. It gathers so much water it literally starts pouring out of the cage. Even if i don't mist the water begins going everywhere. I have a water dish where most of the dripping occurs. I also got rid of any substrate because it was becoming waterlogged and i didn't want bacteria to begin growing. If anyone has any advice please help!

I hope the picture is clear enough for you to see.

This is what I use. It works perfectly and was super cheap! 1 plastic garbage bag, 1 plastic rectangle shaped flower box liner, with holes drilled at 1 end, and a plastic bin that can easily be removed for dumping.

If you take a look, and are interested in a step by step I would be happy to type it all out for you.

I currently have a screen enclosure for my panther chameleon. I'm having a issue with water collecting on the bottom. I have a fogger in there, but i also mist the enclosure. It gathers so much water it literally starts pouring out of the cage. Even if i don't mist the water begins going everywhere. I have a water dish where most of the dripping occurs. I also got rid of any substrate because it was becoming waterlogged and i didn't want bacteria to begin growing. If anyone has any advice please help!
I have the plastic tray , it's about 3 inches on all sides . My husband bought one of those Bucket Heads from Home Depot , it's like those big shop vac's that you store in the garage. But this one is very small and snaps on one of those 5 gallon utility buckets. I uses it and it sucks up the water in seconds. I love it!

I believe that Dragon Strand, one of the chameleon forums sponsors, has a product that is a drainage tray for the bottom of your chameleon cage. If I'm not mistaken, they come in many different sizes, so they will fit most chameleon cages. Hope this helps

I looked at those, and thought they where very expensive for what they are, but that is just my opinion.

I built my drainage system for less than $10/$15 and it works perfectly. Granted it may not look very good right now, but that is temporary until I finish Peepers big boy cage. When that is finished you will not even be able to see it.

Back
Top Bottom