Water distiller?

That sounds good on paper, but I'm willing to bet most people wouldn't bother using the water. It's not like you can just let it sit for days. Plus the RO unit itself requires a bit of sink space and fittings and without a slop sink it gets messy and crowded fast.
The resins/membranes don't last long either, it's not like the initial investment and unit is all you need to think about.

It really comes down to how much water you need, if you have multiple chameleons it's worth it, if just 1(water loving montanes aside), probably not. I don't find the unit to be messy or take up much space. The filters to replace it once a year or so are cheap. Definitely worth it for some people.

It really comes down to how much water you need, if you have multiple chameleons it's worth it, if just 1(water loving montanes aside), probably not. I don't find the unit to be messy or take up much space. The filters to replace it once a year or so are cheap. Definitely worth it for some people.
I have 2 chams, 1 bearded dragon, 1 tort, 1 leopard gecko, and 2 crested geckos. Our water has fluoride in it, so I have to use DW or RO for soaking, misting, food prep, etc. It got to be a real hassle carrying in multiple gallons or 5 gallon jugs. I got a 4 stage 150 gallon RO system for less than $100 with excellent customer service from the link Beamon listed. The filters & resin are reasonable. I can make what I need & use the waste for gardening or cleaning...and there is always something in the house to be cleaned. For me, it made sense & has saved time/money when you figure in gas.

so I was looking on eBay and trying to find a water distiller to save us money cuz we buy tons of Gail gallons of distilled water every month. And I am wondering what the best ones to buy is? I was wondering which ones would be worth my money. Any suggestions anyone?
an RoDi unit is the way to go. I know guys in the fish hobby(my gateway drug to animals:ROFLMAO:) who swear by it beacause even rock hard water can be brought down to a tds of 0. depending on your water parameters you would have to change out the resins and mesh but if it works for the wild discus and apistogrammas then it will definitely help with your chameleon!

Back
Top Bottom