Watching your veiled chameleon, does it bother them

I thought 4-5 hours a day it had to be at 100 percent

I stopped spraying so much on Thursday I started just twice a day misting two small water bottles with warn water ND he seems to be happier
So only at night would it be ok to have it at 100% when temps are cool.

NO warm water. Only room temp. What is warm to you can be hot to them.

I highly suggest you read through this husbandry program. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/
The more you get right from the beginning the less you have to worry about vet bills.

I was just wondering, does it bother your veiled chameleon if you are able to watch him alot?
There's watching, and there's creepy watching (from a chameleon's POV). :oops:

When I did my initial research (which included veiled, panther, and Jackson's) one common piece of advice (among many) was, "pretend you don't see them."

My male panther gets much more freaked out by (will hide from) my camera lens than by my occasional presence. I think he may see the lens as the giant eye of a predator, BICBW.

Slow & easy (keep your own movements slow and deliberate) does it, and should help them get used to you in time. As s/he gets used to you (and your watching), it should become easier, but all are individuals, and some may never warm up to us.

If you are watching him, he is watching you.
+1, and usually, even if/when you're not watching him. :)

There's watching, and there's creepy watching (from a chameleon's POV). :oops:

When I did my initial research (which included veiled, panther, and Jackson's) one common piece of advice (among many) was, "pretend you don't see them."

My male panther gets much more freaked out by (will hide from) my camera lens than by my occasional presence. I think he may see the lens as the giant eye of a predator, BICBW.

Slow & easy (keep your own movements slow and deliberate) does it, and should help them get used to you in time. As s/he gets used to you (and your watching), it should become easier, but all are individuals, and some may never warm up to us.

+1, and usually, even if/when you're not watching him. :)
I thought he was getting stressed from too many long watching visits lol I love watching him and he used to blink his eyes at me when he was little when I blinked at him but he isn't doing that anymore. If I put my hand in and close my fingers he won't climb up on me anymore which makes me sad but oh well I am gonna start had feeding worms to him. I've been feeding him meal worms but I think he is about big enough I can try silk worms meal worms are so small I can't feed him those by hand

I thought he was getting stressed from too many long watching visits lol I love watching him and he used to blink his eyes at me when he was little when I blinked at him but he isn't doing that anymore.
Not sure that might've been coincidence(?) 🤷‍♂️ Or not.
Have you tried yawning? 🥱

If I put my hand in and close my fingers he won't climb up on me anymore which makes me sad but oh well I am gonna start had feeding worms to him. I've been feeding him meal worms but I think he is about big enough I can try silk worms meal worms are so small I can't feed him those by hand
FWIW, I like giant mealworms for that kind of thing. :)
Giant mealworms are a regular mealworm ( Tenebrio molitor ) that has been treated with a hormone to delay pupation which allows them to grow to a larger size. Because Giants are regular mealworms this also allows them to be stored in the refrigerator and treated in the same way as large mealworms. .... Giants grow significantly plumper and slightly longer than regular mealworms making them a great choice for larger reptiles and as a bait option for pan fish.
https://flukerfarms.com/reptile-u/blogmealworm-vs-superworm/

It may have been a coincidence and no I haven't tried yawned lol. Maybe I will! I am going to have to find another pet shop. The meal worms there are very small
I just bought some wax worms. I haven't gotten past the grossest of picking them up yet but Ozzy loved them. I fed him one off a lid haha

Back
Top Bottom