Watching your veiled chameleon, does it bother them

I noticed that Ozzy has been a darker green instead of grayish white since I spread more hiding spots out in his basking areas. It just seems like I may be bothering him too much even though I am not holding him I may be stressing him by causing too much activity around him

20211112_134233.jpg

What light is he sitting under? He's so high in the enclosure he's touching the top screen in the first photo -- need to be careful with that.

I was also spraying his cage and him very consistently throughout the day because I was long to keep humidity up high and I think that also wS stressing him out!

I just looked at your other thread and I see your enclosure and that you are going to upgrade it. Never mind my initial comment.
Oh, it's ok! I am really trying to understand how this all works right now. I am planning on building one. All I have seen is bad reviews e es on buying v kiss anyways. MIght as well do it right the 3rd time haha
First time I was sold a reptilian glass one with all wrong stuff at initial purchase of Ozzy from Petsense. I was livid!! People do not need to impulsively buy these lol

Oh, it's ok! I am really trying to understand how this all works right now. I am planning on building one. All I have seen is bad reviews e es on buying v kiss anyways. MIght as well do it right the 3rd time haha
First time I was sold a reptilian glass one with all wrong stuff at initial purchase of Ozzy from Petsense. I was livid!! People do not need to impulsively buy these lol
I really can't believe I have spent so much money and still don't have it right but looks like this is gonna be a happy journey though. I love him

I really can't believe I have spent so much money and still don't have it right but looks like this is gonna be a happy journey though. I love him
It is definitely a journey. The startup can be very expensive, but once you have all the right equipment and if you can automate the system, it's very easy (in my opinion) to maintain. You're in good hands on these forums too.

For my Veiled it depends on his location in the cage and his mood and whether he wants food.

If he's up high in the cage, he looks down on me and feels secure in his space and isn't bothered by me watching.

If I get on a step stool or he's lower in the cage, he slinks away to avoid me and is bothered by my presence.

If he wants food he'll come right at me with his tongue ready. 😂 Sometimes I have food for him but he's spooked and won't come out. But usually when I have food he's fine with me being there and watching him.

All of this is very related to that prey instinct and assessing if it's worth trusting the big scary human in front of him.

Oh I'll also say before I had more plants in the enclosure and a tree obscuring his view of me (my office desk is in the same room) occasionally I'd move at my desk and he'd hiss in response. So I did get a dracaena tree to block our views of each other to give him that privacy.

Oh I'll also say before I had more plants in the enclosure and a tree obscuring his view of me (my office desk is in the same room) occasionally I'd move at my desk and he'd hiss in response. So I did get a dracaena tree to block our views of each other to give him that privacy.
I definitely have to get to working on building him a new cage and get plants I have a few spider plant sprouts in his cage

I was also spraying his cage and him very consistently throughout the day because I was long to keep humidity up high and I think that also wS stressing him out!
Why up and high? They do not need high humidity. 30-50% really is the range for them. Constant spraying is not beneficial either.

Back
Top Bottom