Wasp nest at home

Goggles

I found this wasp nest at my house above the bay window right beside the front door.:eek:
Still can't figure out how it got that big before we noticed it.:eek:
Anybody have any good tips for getting rid of a big nest. DSC00953.jpg

Terry

If it were not quite so central location, I'd suggest waiting for winter to freeze them out; as it is - exterminator? Cool looking, though.

It is one of the coolest looking nests I've ever seen but I think it would look allot better on someone else's house.
I think I'll put my running shoes on and have a go with the wasp foam.... not looking forward to this!
Terry

I'd call the exterminator. It's pretty big to tackle on your own. They can build them really fast, may have only taken a day or two. Exterminators have the know-how and the equipment to deal with stuff like that. Even if you're not allergic to stings, they can put you in the hospital if they decide to swarm you..which is not that far-fetched...the first few excrete a hormone which tells the others to attack to save the nest. Be careful!!!:eek:

I thought it was yellowjackets and african bees that had the hormone? No wasps around here have that (Michigan/indiana/wisconsin)

Wait until the night, then foam the crap out of them. Make sure you get the entry point first. Burning is another option, but I'd be worried on setting the house on fire. Good luck!

Vacuum cleaner is your friend. I dont know about the american models, but in Sweden they come with a long hose. Suck the daylight out of the nest and be sure to plug the hose after you use some sort of bugspray.

A carbon dioxide fire-extinguisher could also be a method, freezing the nest before any other method is used.

two words, liquid nitrogen, that stuff i used on a giant bees nest on my house, and then i foamed the crap out of it. i got it from my grandpa who is a college chem prof.

Get a ladder and like 20 push pins. Load the push pins in between your teeth and as each wasp comes out blow the push pin at it and kill them one by one. Its the only sure way to get rid of them.;)

Marty said:
Burning is another option, but I'd be worried on setting the house on fire. Good luck!

I'd use a pool net to move the nest first, then it's nothing some gas and a match won't take care of.

If I came out of my house and saw that thing I would turn right the hell around, go inside, and call the exterminator! Seriously though, I have never seen a nest that looks like that!!! WOW!

I def think a fire extinguisher could work well though!

You could also call the fire department and tell em your deadly alergic and are afraid to go outside lol.

Call your local health dept or City Hall and they may send someone to take care of it for you.They did for my dad once.An exterminator came in a full bee suit and froze the nest and then removed it.

make something smoky... like a cig or someting. smoke out the nest, spray some bear mace in or something... and beat the crap out of it.

Not sure if it works.
But it might.....:D

-Steve

Back
Top Bottom