Wasp larvae

Ramrod

Chameleon Enthusiast
My son knocked down a huge wasp nest from under the overhang in his garage. It was full of larvae and of course my first thought was if they could be used as food for the cham.
I don't know but sounds like it would be ok.
Comments welcome

Hmmm not sure, just in a container maybe? What are their conditions in the hive like?
They are soft and wiggly. Look like a big bsfl at this point. Thinking I should just leave them in the nest and dig em out as needed?
They are not developed enough yet to emerge.🐝

Yeah I eat wasp larvae all the time, delicious.
puke GIF

Pretty much, wasp larvae are considered a treat by many animals, hence why the wasps defend them so well. Just make sure you kill the pupae (the capped cells) or else your going to have a wasp army hatching out.

That said wasp larva don't tend to wriggle much. Hopefully you have an animal that doesn't care if the food moves or not.

Pretty much, wasp larvae are considered a treat by many animals, hence why the wasps defend them so well. Just make sure you kill the pupae (the capped cells) or else your going to have a wasp army hatching out.

That said wasp larva don't tend to wriggle much. Hopefully you have an animal that doesn't care if the food moves or not.
Hey, that gives me an idea. I could start a wasp colony and trade jamest0o0 for some real good bugs. 😉

Spider colonies and wasp colonies, who's with me!

I have heard of some wasps remembering interactions with people lol. That's so insane. Crows i believe do it even more. If they decide you're a dick they'll attack you anytime you cross them.
Bet you gotta keep those two separated 😨

Without the queen it's pointless, that said Polistes wasps at the very least can make good pets,(no joke) you can even tame them if your bold, since they remember faces and whether they've had positive or negative interactions with said individuals.
Hope these are not polistes or I'm in big trouble.
The queen will have me head😱

Back
Top Bottom