Warning: uva light

ChamelaChameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
I purchased the Exo Terra Intense basking light bulb because I was struggling to get Carmelo's basking spot to 82/83 degrees. I love, love, love this bulb. His basking spot heats to 83 degrees in 2 minutes.

WARNING: With this bulb you must- must- follow the required distance. I purchased the 100watt- STOP- the 50/75 watt is sufficient. To avoid burns, it is imperative that you use a probe thermometer to monitor the heat at the basking area.

Probe
thermometers are not expensive and will save your Chameleon from the trauma of being burned.

Carmelo loves his basking spot ❤️.
20221229_104420.jpg
Screenshot_20221229_102829_Chrome.jpg

Be extremely careful with this one... Known for thermal burns.
Exactly. I love this bulb. I exchanged the 100 watt for the 50 watt. This bulb does just what it claims but you MUST (absolutely must) follow the distance requirements (plus whatever distance is needed to ensure safety) and use probe thermometers. During my installation and testing/adjusting phase, the basking area was at 110 within minutes. (Carmelo was in a different area). Safety was the reason I posted. I could see thermal 🔥 happening with this light. The 50 watt is most appropriate for Carmelo's needs and it sits 15 inches from the basking branch with a probe thermometer dangling at the height of his casque.

Exactly. I love this bulb. I exchanged the 100 watt for the 50 watt. This bulb does just what it claims but you MUST (absolutely must) follow the distance requirements (plus whatever distance is needed to ensure safety) and use probe thermometers. During my installation and testing/adjusting phase, the basking area was at 110 within minutes. (Carmelo was in a different area). Safety was the reason I posted. I could see thermal 🔥 happening with this light. The 50 watt is most appropriate for Carmelo's needs and it sits 15 inches from the basking branch with a probe thermometer dangling at the height of his casque.
Yeah it is why I do not recommend them. Most people do not realize that these are extremely hot. Incandescent is the only one I recommend due to human error and less risk of thermal burn.

Back
Top Bottom