Warning: Faeces 💩

pascal2023

Avid Member
Came back from work today to find this, I check her enclosure everyday for wee and faeces so this isn’t yesterdays ect …
This is clearly faeces and wee, smells absolutely horrific but how is there so much?

( she was only fed wax worms and 2 crickets yesterday as we ran out of crickets and nearest pet stores didn’t have any delivery’s of roaches/ crickets ect ( I use wax works for back up if I’m seriously out of food ) I’m wondering if this is why she looked so bloatet/ full yesterday?

Is it possible chameleons are allergic or can’t tolerate certain foods…

I don’t think this looks right and the only exotic vet near me is away on holiday for 4 days so need some advice here 😩 if anyone can help or explain what this is
54771B7A-AA47-4941-B160-26626CD13E83.jpeg

That does look like a lot. Also looks like there’s some i digested worms of some sort in there. Did she poo yesterday or the day before? Has she had a fecal done recently?
that’s exactly what I thought, just want to clarify her diet isn’t just waxworms, she only had those yesterday because that’s all the pet store had left and she had a totally normal poo and wee yesterday, yea she’s had a full check over and parasite check and all came back clear

wax worms are very fatty as you probably know but I wouldn’t think they wouldn’t be digested. It’s usually bsfl that don’t always get digested.

wax worms are very fatty as you probably know but I wouldn’t think they wouldn’t be digested. It’s usually bsfl that don’t always get digested.
Yeah of course, exactly why that’s not her main diet, she’s usually on roaches, hoppers and crickets with the occasional grub but that’s a treat along with waxworms as you can see there, would usually just be a treat but some reason hasn’t been digested properly compared to the other times, I’m a little concerned

While I’m cleaning and disinfecting her new enclosure I’ve popped her back into her old one for a few minutes…

… does she look sickly to you guys? I feel like her eyes are starting to sink in or am I being paranoid ?
2278EDB9-8D9E-4C32-9445-2A75D6640313.jpeg
877D9000-C8E2-40B5-B3A3-C763FB1515C6.jpeg
A0F59716-3358-45B3-9F59-7118E4A557D0.jpeg

waxworms fully digest... My concern is you are saying there was an odor. While their poop does have a scent it should not be strong. Strong stinky fecals can indicate there is a parasite issue. I suggest contacting a vet to see about taking in a fresh fecal to be tested.

waxworms fully digest... My concern is you are saying there was an odor. While their poop does have a scent it should not be strong. Strong stinky fecals can indicate there is a parasite issue. I suggest contacting a vet to see about taking in a fresh fecal to be tested.
This is the thing I want to take her but there is only 1 exotic vet in my area and the problem is the emergency vets done treat them, her vet is back from holiday in 3 days so I’m not sure what to do, I’ve been in contact with other vets out of the area and they won’t see her because she’s not registered there and isn’t in the catchment area … she recently writhing the last week sorta thing had a parasite check and everything came back clear so it would be so unlucky if she contracted something soon after that :( I don’t know what to do

This is the thing I want to take her but there is only 1 exotic vet in my area and the problem is the emergency vets done treat them, her vet is back from holiday in 3 days so I’m not sure what to do, I’ve been in contact with other vets out of the area and they won’t see her because she’s not registered there and isn’t in the catchment area … she recently writhing the last week sorta thing had a parasite check and everything came back clear so it would be so unlucky if she contracted something soon after that :( I don’t know what to do
As long as she is eating then you do not need to stress it. But I would get one done with her vet. Parasites run through cycles. It could have come back clean but still be a parasite load because they were not shedding oocysts.

I agree with @Beman ...a second fecal check for parasites is where I would start too because of the cycles the parasites go through.
Yeah will get her booked in again for when the vet is back! Just sad this is the only vet in my catchment area that will see her! What else could it be if it isn’t a parasite issue?

I’m late to the party, but I think she looks fine. Definitely another fecal check. About the quantity, she may have been a bit backed up and the fattiness of the wax worms helped clear everything out.
Yeah I’ll have to wait a couple days till he is back then, hopefully she’ll be ok, she did another wee/ poop today but it looked like this …
434904D2-9658-40D4-B2C1-D7C2072FE744.png
434904D2-9658-40D4-B2C1-D7C2072FE744.png

Attachments

• 47F860F7-9693-40C1-9A1A-6E4023B36328.png
    47F860F7-9693-40C1-9A1A-6E4023B36328.png
    872.7 KB · Views: 60
I

haven’t seen the poop in the cage, but that’s all I found witho it searching through leaves
I would search around and see if there is anything that looks like the pic you posted at the beginning of this thread, of if there is a little log hopefully. She may have been backed up like missSkittles said. Either way a fecal by your vet like Beman suggested is best. Hopefully you can get answers in a few days when they get back.

So just got home and searched her cage again after yesterdays deep clean, as you saw I posted a pic this morning which we all think was just wee but I’ve just found the poop and it’s way smaller, doesn’t have a smell pretty much back to normal just slightly lighter brown like it was in yesterday photo but way better, she’s been eating and drinking as normal today (only crickets and roaches)

Back
Top Bottom