wanted to introduce myself

boxdgm

hey recently got a veiled and thought id say hi before lurking around.

SSPX0141.jpg

hes currently in a 29g aquarium but i have a 260g reptarium on the way. exoterra 10.0 uvb bulb, with exoterra 75w tight beam basking/heating light.

That may be too hot for him in an aquarium. Do you have a thermometer? Please take the temp where he basks inside the aquarium. If you don't have one, put your hand inside under the bulb. The temps should be 80-85. Welcome to the forum! Cute baby you have there.

the hottest part of the tank (directly under basking light) reaches 95 while the rest stays about 85-90, at night it gets down to 70-73 (room temp). i hope im doing everything right, ive been reading everything i can about chameleons.

what do you guys consider "ideal" humidity, every site i read says a little different. mine stays at about 40, but will get as high as 70 after mistings or when the lights are out

Your temps are way too hot for the glass tank. I can't really tell how old your cham is but I would go high 80's and no more in the tank, if he is under 3 months under 85. The humidity is fine.

I'm with everyone else. Far too hot, he will cook at those temperatures.
Cute little guy though! He will love his life in that big reptarium! Just be sure that you cup feed so he has easy access to his food.

Back
Top Bottom