want to see your cricket containers

So, I've been housing crickets for two years now - I use an ordinary tote with screen top for ventilation that I've made - just curious to see what other people do ?? I think it is time for me to replace mine, and was looking for something different

if you keep your own crickets in bulk please attach photos of your set up !! Thanks

I've never kept crickets in bulk, but I know how your supposed to do it. I would get a 50 quart storage bin (at least), with openings on either side and an opening on the top. The openings should be protected by (if you can find it) galvanized bug screening. Galvanized screening will stop any sort of chewing except you do need tin snips to cut the wiring. The three side openings will allow lots of air flow, then you want to stuff it almost to the brim with egg crates, because of the territory needs for crickets. The more territory they have the less cannibalism there will be. There should be a little bit of heat but if your not planning for breeding don't add too much.

I've never kept crickets in bulk, but I know how your supposed to do it. I would get a 50 quart storage bin (at least), with openings on either side and an opening on the top. The openings should be protected by (if you can find it) galvanized bug screening. Galvanized screening will stop any sort of chewing except you do need tin snips to cut the wiring. The three side openings will allow lots of air flow, then you want to stuff it almost to the brim with egg crates, because of the territory needs for crickets. The more territory they have the less cannibalism there will be. There should be a little bit of heat but if your not planning for breeding don't add too much.
Thnks !! Yeah that is pretty much what I have now - I am just looking for something different if people are creative !! It is very easy to clean though using the tote !!

I am not sure if many people use anything different. Maybe a bigger tote if they are breeding and probably an extra tote too. The totes allow for easy lifting, and darkness. Plus they are inexpensive. It's easier to keep clean too. But I would be interested in what other people keep bulk crickets in too. I know some people use large cricket keepers. But those in my opinion do not offer enough air flow and definitely not enough space.

If you are able to buy atleast 5000 at a time Ghanns crickets has something called the great breeders program. I've been in it for quite a while. You will not find them any cheaper if you get into that program. The prices are so rediculously low. You will be amazed.

Back
Top Bottom