Want a cham!!

good grades & take on more chores

These acts both show maturity and responsibility, and owning any pet needs these two qualities at a minimum.

I agree with the other posts.
You need to show your Mom that you are mature and responsible enough to care for a cham in the long term, after the "novelty" wears off, and caring for it becomes just another daily chore.

Similar issues convincing my husband ... Saving up the money, keeping up woth housework and involving him in the decision-making process are proving much more effective than apologising afterwards was previously ...

Been thinkin about doin that allready! And its just the fact she dont like them i ha my own place but couldnt afford it after a split up with the ex so moved home.... Cant wait to get a flat and get a setup goin!!

So there's your answer. If you're not on your feet financially, a chameleon or any other luxury isn't on the list of things you can afford. Get back on your feet, get your own place, and when you can afford setting up for a chameleon, go for it.

cj

Chris is absolutely right! What if you got your cham, but then couldn't afford a necessary vet bill on the near future? Patience is a wonderful thing :)

Patience sucks, but it works. I bought 3 chameleons on impulse and they all died. This time I'm researching and taking my time and doing it properly, and I'd rather spend $200 on a new chameleon from a good breeder, than $40 on one from Craigslist that I end up spending $400 on with a month, just to end up having it put to sleep because it wasn't healthy.

I can get a cham from jamie from chameleco hes just down the road and i can afford it financally its just i dont have my own flat because the bill etc would be hard to keep a cham but if i persuade my mum then will be happy all round exept her haha

Do you have a friend that has one? You could baby sit for it over a weekend so she could see what is involved and that it is harmless, especially for a baby veiled.

i agree, wait and do it right the first time and know you can afford to maintain it. they arnt cheap to set up and initially cost a lot but once you have it all they are cheap to keep if you breed your own feeders (and why wouldnt you)

but you have to be prepared to vets bills, replacing expensive UVB bulbs etc.

wait until your situation is right and then go for it. once you've got your own place again you don't need to ask anyones permission :)

Well u have shown her zuggies pictures, we will have to get her to hold him next!!! Oh and do some dishes at home jason..... That might help lol

Personally, I would be far more interested in getting my own place. That would be #1 on my priority list. But then again, I'm a pretty independant guy. I moved out when I was 17, right after I graduated high school...many many years ago now ;)

Yes but its hard over here in the uk,
He already has a full time job, and still wouldn't b able to afford to have his own place, i live with my boyfriend and zuggie of corse and we both work full time and still find it hard somtimes, house prices are extreme even just to rent, so a cham is a well better idea i think :D u already know the ins and outs of looking after a cham as he helps out with zuggie all the time hence the name haha so its just the persuading the mother !!!! Lol

Back
Top Bottom